New Dallas Member

jcp

Recently joined up. Hoping to get my first bike this weekend, been looking for a while and waiting to find something I wanted in my price range.

I'll be sure to post up some pictures if/when I get it and the progress of how it goes. Been looking through the forum and have already learned a TON about builds and what to do and what to look out for.

Some other forums have been a little less inviting and welcoming. I'm liking this community already.

coyote13 said:
Welcome aboard from White Rock. What are you looking at this weekend?

Checking out a CB750. It's my #1 choice to get my feet into having a bike. Been wanting one forever and the wife said get your license and go for it. Got the first done and working on the second.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Nice choice - I'm working on an '81 CB750K. Slowly as molasses in January mind, but I'm getting there. Good luck and welcome!

Sweet. Been getting the itch to get mine running again, '78 K model. End goal is to be visually unassuming but surprisingly fast. A sleeper if you will.

jcp said:
Recently joined up. Hoping to get my first bike this weekend, been looking for a while and waiting to find something I wanted in my price range.

I'll be sure to post up some pictures if/when I get it and the progress of how it goes. Been looking through the forum and have already learned a TON about builds and what to do and what to look out for.

Some other forums have been a little less inviting and welcoming. I'm liking this community already.
What is your price range I found a project 1971 cb500f

Sent from my LG-H901 using DO THE TON mobile app

Attachments

• 1484961848226.jpg
    1484961848226.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 239
I'm out of Carrollton and work at a Honda motorcycle dealership I come across old bikes all. The freaking time I have
Bought
1972 cb350f
1972 cb350f
1973 cb450ss
1972 cl175
1968 bsa spitfire mkiii
1949 Harley hummer
Ct 70s galore
1970 mini trail 50's
1974 250 elseniors
1974 cb550f
1978 cb400f

And so many more
Do not have anymore sold them all but I always come across bikes

AaronTheBaron said:
What is your price range I found a project 1971 cb500f

How 'project' are we talking here? I am definitely looking for something to begin customizing but since it's my first bike I still would love being able to ride it around. Even before I have been able to buy and install parts.

Honestly my price range is what it is worth. I am
Hoping to spend between $1000-1500 on something that needs a little work. Never worked on a bike but I have always had fun working on my car.

You might consider finding a good used, late model running bike for the coming season to get some miles under your belt while searching for a project bike. When the project bike is up and running then sell the newer bike... or keep it. Can't ever have too many bikes.

Dwayne said:
You might consider finding a good used, late model running bike for the coming season to get some miles under your belt while searching for a project bike. When the project bike is up and running then sell the newer bike... or keep it. Can't ever have too many bikes.

I have definitely thought about that. I'm very much the figure it out as I go type and love working on and fixing stuff so the bike that is running I'm looking at is perfect. Runs and I can tinker as I go.

jcp said:
I have definitely thought about that. I'm very much the figure it out as I go type and love working on and fixing stuff so the bike that is running I'm looking at is perfect. Runs and I can tinker as I go.

Good then that the bike you're interested in is a runner. :)

Unfortunately another buyer showed up as I was looking it over. I have my offer but was outbid by the other guy. This bike was in immaculate condition and I bet he got every penny of his asking price. Looked and sounded much younger than its 35+ years.

The search continues…

Well, yesterday didn't pan out but I picked up a starter bike today. She might. It be the prettiest, yet, but she runs and I like her.

Xs360

Back
Top Bottom