New Dallas Member

Picture of it home. Got a great low price so I still have some saved for the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    713.9 KB · Views: 252
Looking forward to all the work ahead, haha. I'll start a build thread once I get a few things on the menu!

This'll be your first bike build? You're in the right place mate - my first build too, and without this forum I'd've been sunk several times over.

I remind myself daily there's no such thing as a stupid question, no matter how stupid I sometimes feel when I get the answers!

So the bike is awesome. Mapped out a good plan for her to become what I'm looking for.

Question for those that might have gone through buying a bike without a title. Is there a way to register a bike without a title, bonded or not? Just curious. I have read the thread about titling and registering a
Bike without one but wondered if the title was necessary to register.

Any tips or advice is more than welcome and once I get a license plane and insured I'm looking forward to a few dfw meets!

jcp said:
Any tips or advice is more than welcome and once I get a license plane and insured I'm looking forward to a few dfw meets!

I've gone through Vermont and I'm currently probably a month or so out from transferring the VT plate to a Texas reg. I'll let you know how it goes. You can also just ride it on the VT plate.

Yes the bike must be titled and inspected in order to be registered. The process of getting a title is fairly easy, you just pay the bond while DMV/DOT researches the VIN. I believe there is a waiting period for previous owner to come forward before they will issue a title. Then you get inspection, then you get it registered. Don't forget to take proof of insurance.

advCo said:
I've gone through Vermont and I'm currently probably a month or so out from transferring the VT plate to a Texas reg. I'll let you know how it goes. You can also just ride it on the VT plate.

When you sent the paperwork to VT did you have a notarized Bill of Sale? I have seen post that said they did and some that did not. I will probably do this over the weekend and get it sent out so I can get to riding it around.

Thanks again for the info!

How did you get the VIN verification completed, or was it not required? I appreciate the help and I'm about to get this all sent out and then start a build thread!

Anybody know a good fix for a stripped gear selector pedal?

Attachments

• IMG_9587.JPG
    IMG_9587.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 679
jcp said:
Thanks again for the info!

How did you get the VIN verification completed, or was it not required? I appreciate the help and I'm about to get this all sent out and then start a build thread!

I have done this numerous times thru VT. They have a VIN verification form on the their website. You need to take the form and your bike to any police department and have them fill it out. You also need a police department letter on their own letterhead stating that officer so-and-so who inspected the VIN is a member of their police force. Kinda of a pain in the ass but it works.

Thanks for the reply. I actually got the plates in the mail about two weeks ago! I called them and asked about the VIN verification form and they pretty much laughed and said no. Seems to me like they know exactly why people go through them for plates haha.

Back
Top Bottom