Hi from Chandler AZ

hank22

Hi folks, I recently purchased this RD 250B. Exactly like the one I bought new in 1975. its in pretty good shape just not sure which way I want to go with it, Café or Resto. second photo is from 1975 with my now 42 year old son

Attachments

• 00J0JRD.jpg
    00J0JRD.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 704
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 695
Too cool, must've been a rush to find the same bike you bought new all those years ago. Good memories then, have fun making new memories with your new ride

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I'd keep it like it is and live out your cafe dreams on an old junker. They dont come around that nice too often. I really dig the white and red over the orange ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

Yup - I'd just keep it as a 'survivor' if it is bone-stock and in as good condition as the pics suggest. Leave it as if you'd never sold it and just taken care of it for the last 40 years.

Then when the time is right pass it along to your son or grandson/daughter if they're in the picture.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with swapping out some parts to make it a little more of a cafe without cutting it up. Clubman bars, different seat, different exhaust, smaller turn signals/lights...

All of that can be done while keeping the original parts in dry storage in your house. They can always be bolted back on and will be in the same condition as they are today which is a bonus if any of it is hard to find.

That is a really nice bike, I would like to find another one similar to have a totally stock RD. My vote would be leave it as is and enjoy it.

Agreed with the general consensus.
Restore it if you want to (that looks pretty easy haha)
Buy a beater to build something unique with if you've got the desire to tinker

Back
Top Bottom