"what'cha drinking tonight?"

We love our local breweries here in Vegas, but I understand sometimes there are some, um, inconsistencies? Like Mr E says, sometimes they are diff than you thought or remembered? But most of the time we enjoy and embrace the slight differences from batch to batch. It's a good time to be a micro or small batch beer lover!

The inconsistencies make a good beer like a home-cooked meal. It's not the same every time, but it's always good.
I think Illinois just put through a new tax code that makes it easier for local microbreweries to distribute to nearby stores without state-level licensing, if they produce under such-and-such number of bottles.

I used to be pretty tight with the QA lady at Flying Dog.

She always talked about just how impressive it is for the huge breweries to release such a consistant product. Although most of us don't enjoy it, It takes a whole lot of work to be so consistantly mediocre.

Her job was most impressive. She was a chemist who got to both drink beer and play with beer all day.

On one of my trips to visit her and the brewery, she handed me a very warm glass of very light covered ale.
It turned out to be a glass of Golden Ale that just happened to be from a bottle that sat in her window sill for over a month. Worst Beer I have ever tasted.

Threw down a few brimming cupfuls of tap water a while ago, and now treating myself my private stock of filtered water. Pleasantly dizzy with hydration.

Here's to you DTT, and to being underage.

Water? Well, you at least gotta get you somethin' good to drink.
Mix a single-serve kool-aid/hawaiian punch packet in with a can of NOS.

There's no age limit for caffeine!

188d3f00-82c0-f582.jpg

Crown for tomorrow :)

188d3f00-8336-ffde.jpg

Am getting geared up to watch "Heartbeat" tonight, so I'm preparing with alternating Ruddles County Ale and Tetley light premium ale.
Not quite the same as a local brew from the Aidensfield Arms but it'll have to do.
Pat Cowan,
Vintage Motorcycle Fiberglass

Man I thought about a ride tonight too, freaking raining cats and dogs so the bike stays put. Did a bit of off roading for work yesterday. And am after the Killians tonight....

Was gonna get my beer on after work tonight with the old man, but even though I got home early, he was asleep... Le sigh.

It's boring and sad to drink alone and it's too dark and rainy for an uninsured bike with no headlight.

I'll take mine straight no chaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpzqQst-Sg8

The sadness passes when you have beers to drink and wrenches to turn...

Back
Top Bottom