Enclosed Trailer Advice

This
1b015adaa542a9452c56447b8f8d980c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

HURCO550 said:
Thanks for all the feedback. I've been finding much of what Dave has said, up here at least... People are often asking more than what you can buy a new one for. If I can I'll try to get a tandem with brakes. I feel like it will be one of those things that I'll regret not spending the extra coin for later on

Know I'm late to the party on this thread, but I agree w/ the above. After doing the RV bit for a while now I'm not sure I'd be willing to pull a trailer of much size w/o brakes. On down the road you won't regret having the bigger trailer w/ brakes even if you have to scrimp and save a little longer and work harder to find one now. Too bad you weren't looking about a year ago. Had a friend of mine who was an auctioneer passed away and his widow was selling his auction trailer for a pretty decent price. That would have been just the ticket for you.

Over the weekend I had pretty well made up my mind on a 6x12 slant v nose with ramp door and single axle with brakes, probably brand new. Then this happened. Stopped in at my wife's uncle's for the first time in years and he has this that he is willing to sell. It's a 6x10 flat nose. Almost what I want but no brakes. It has been sitting for years and he guesses it has less than 150 miles on it. The inside looks brand new, and leak free. He told me $1000 but I'd guess I could get it for less. If I can I'll compromise and go with this one. I know I can get a new one for $2200 or so, but if I can snag this for less than a grand I'll do it, and with used prices what they are right now I doubt I'd lose money on it when I move on

bd233244f3b722053797af528ab03d8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HURCO550 said:
Over the weekend I had pretty well made up my mind on a 6x12 slant v nose with ramp door and single axle with brakes, probably brand new. Then this happened. Stopped in at my wife's uncle's for the first time in years and he has this that he is willing to sell. It's a 6x10 flat nose. Almost what I want but no brakes. It has been sitting for years and he guesses it has less than 150 miles on it. The inside looks brand new, and leak free. He told me $1000 but I'd guess I could get it for less. If I can I'll compromise and go with this one. I know I can get a new one for $2200 or so, but if I can snag this for less than a grand I'll do it, and with used prices what they are right now I doubt I'd lose money on it when I move on

Looks pretty good. If worst comes to worst, perhaps you could even buy an axle/hub combo (TSC, Glen's, etc) that has brakes. I'll bet that you'd rarely load a trailer that size so much that it would be scary w/o brakes anyway.

Back
Top Bottom