1978 honda cb750f super sport TRANS FLUID TYPE

None - the transmission in almost all bikes (my BMW airhead is a separate unit taking gear-oil) is in the crankcase with the crank, clutch etc. It's lubricated with the engine oil.

You'll hear some people mention the use of ATF in their forks, but that's about the only time anyone will mention transmission fluid.

Perhaps the CB750A (automatic) has different lubrication, but even it I'd guess just uses the engine oil for protection.

Im a amature and this is the first motorcycle I am restoring, and my dad actually told me after I posted this so I felt kinda foolish but thanks, just put some new oil in it and now working on getting the ignition system going to try and get her to run. Didn't expect to ever get a reply from a admin though haha, it would be nice to have contact with someone who I would assume is fairly all knowing.
Thanks.

I'd love to have an automatic in my ZX-14 turbo. Air shifter, back cut gears, the dreaded missed shift causing dog damage. I think it also went to wet sump instead of dry for the auto.

Back
Top Bottom