The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Hi Erskine, that's clever and funny. I hope it didn't take you from the 8th till the 11th to think of it. :D

Tad said:
Hi Erskine, that's clever and funny. I hope it didn't take you from the 8th till the 11th to think of it. :D

Razor sharp!
How did you plug the gauge into the intake? I want one.

It's pushed on to the brass vacuum take off on the inlet manifold, The one you have to block off when removing the emission stuff. To be honest I'm going to try and put it in the air box to get a better reading as when I accelerate the needle hits the stop past poor. Looks good though. Ha Ha

I gave done some more trimming. Removed back mud guard. Fitted 1mm aluminium plate. Moved indicators to inside of seat bolt holes(threaded on inside). New led brake.light, led plate light. Number plate bracket. I still have some more metal tabs to grind off, and replace bottom half of plastic guard with aluminium. I love LED's, easy to modify for low/high brake light with a single led and a 1k ohm resistor :)

b702ad8b9e3cb45ab2054e4deee993aa.jpg

Hey Guys,

I know this thread hasn't been read for a while, but I thought I'd join nonetheless.

I recently returned home from Vietnam where I learnt to ride a motorbike before venturing on a 30 day journey up from the South to the North.

When I came home after nearly 3 years away I though to hell with getting a car and insisted on getting a bike. This thread's been super useful in helping my decision to get and Ace.

I got mine at the end of April, and have had so much fun since.
Recently I started doing some work on her, with a lot more planned.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 226
  • Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 227
Welcome aboard 'Sam!

The 'Ace' is certainly fun to ride and easy to work on.

The South to North trip would have been interesting; do you have any photos?

Crazy

Ok, put some accent lights (4 LED sets each with 6 LEDs) on the Ace for night riding. While not everyones cup of tea, I like the effect it gives of the silver and chrome. It also hightlights the black gloss engine (when clean).

The photos don't do it justice, but hopefully give you an idea of it.

Attachments

• 20160823_180802.jpg
    20160823_180802.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 225
  • 20160823_180825.jpg
    20160823_180825.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 248
Nice machine. Needs cat taken out . Will go from good to awesome quickly. Drive a big drill or a poker up the end of the pipe/ box too through the first plate in exhaust. No louder but more power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone, great thread!
One question regarding the model year: the ace with the straight kickstarter is newer than the one with the "bended" one?

Mine's 02/2015 plated and it had the bent kick starter that only just made 90 degree turn in that just was not far enough as my leg bruised against it every ride. Had to remove it so that I could hug the tank to ride it properly.

Sneikz said:
.... Please tell us about the rear shock (at 100kg I need to do something) I know loosing weight would be cheapest option, but just in case I need a plan B.

They look like Skyteam shocks. I picked some up off the local dealer here, thinking they may be an improvement on the chrome pogo sticks. So far they are not any better, but I haven't figured out how to "tune" them yet. Too busy riding. Dealer says they will soften over time, but I think that may be wishful thinking.

So does anyone know how to adjust this style of shock. There are two rings at the top on a thread and they come with a C spanner. I can turn them both together by hand, at present they sit all the way at the top. There is also the gas canister with it's valve. What gas will be in there? Do I want to vary the pressure or leave well alone?

Attachments

• WP_20160918_001.jpg
    WP_20160918_001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 207
  • WP_20160918_004.jpg
    WP_20160918_004.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 215
  • WP_20160918_005.jpg
    WP_20160918_005.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 202
Crazypj has managed to get these type of shocks to work properly, he details it somewhere, may be in his blog in cafe racers or a separate thread.

Got a nice surprise yesterday, when I visited my local M/c dealer I was given these titanium rear wheel spacers made by the other Ace owner in town. He is an engineer and said "as I was turning these for my Ace, so I made two sets." Kind man. He has only just bought his Ace, so I will get him onto this site for all to see.

Attachments

• DSC_0496.JPG
    DSC_0496.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 207
Back
Top Bottom