'81 kz440: brat cafe build

Love this bike! I'd love a set of pipes like that on my KZ400, but I do not have the skill-set to build them at this point in time. Maybe down the road.

Really good looking bike though!

treitz said:
Love this bike! I'd love a set of pipes like that on my KZ400, but I do not have the skill-set to build them at this point in time. Maybe down the road.

Really good looking bike though!

Hey man, thanks for the comment! To be honest, I really didn't have the skills either, just an idea of what I wanted and a little flux core mig welder that I learned to use as I went haha. It's completely within reach for any one!

Amazing Bike! I went through your thread here and on CF. It has evolved to very similar to what I want mine to look like. Just wondering if you know if the zx6r front wheel would work with a 96 gsxr front end. I have the opportunity to buy one on the cheap but have no interest in having the 3 post rims of the old gsxr.

LDSchmidt said:
Amazing Bike! I went through your thread here and on CF. It has evolved to very similar to what I want mine to look like. Just wondering if you know if the zx6r front wheel would work with a 96 gsxr front end. I have the opportunity to buy one on the cheap but have no interest in having the 3 post rims of the old gsxr.

thanks for the comment! i honestly have no idea if it would fit, i didn't even know if it would fit in my forks. i just tried it and it happened to be perfect. you may be able to find a chart online somewhere specifying how far the fork legs are set apart on each model. or i can take a measurement on my zx6 wheel width and pass it on to you to see if it'll fit between your forks.

7aliveatlast7 said:
i'm new here from customfighters.com. my '81 kz440 project is well underway, but all the work done thus far has been on that site. however, i grabbed some progress pics off there to make somewhat of a timeline for you all so you can see what i've been up to with this thing for the last year and a half!

this is how i bought it, as a "cool idea but pretty ugly" bobber...

398123026.jpg

beauty is in the eye of the beholder or builder

danker16 said:
I loved this bike, how come you ended up selling it

I did too, and I often wonder the same thing haha. But that was the plan all along, to fix it up and sell it so I could move on to bigger and better things. I learned a lot during the process of building that thing, and I fully plan on getting another kz someday. They are great little bikes.

Back
Top Bottom