Post a pic of your latest purchase

irk miller said:
Keep laughing. I'm in town now, but 70 x 600. LOL

I understand all that. Its just "city life" in general. I can't wrap my head around. As my yard is one of the smaller ones on my street.

An XS and a BSA seat. Did I hear Desert Sled?

e74aeee32034ef150500a81a24cb80ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

414254025.jpg

I first bought this bike (2002 Bonneville carb'ed 790) in 2003 from a guy in PA who had already customized it by adding the tach, grab bar, Jenks seat bolts, Procomm ignition, Specialty Spares stainless pipes and saddlebag bars. So, I didn't really have to do ANYTHING to it!

Then, in 2009, since Sally hadn't been riding it much since our daughter was born, I traded it to a friend (Freddy) that I had built a custom '53 Triumph chopper for. He also got my 12 ga shotgun, a new bumper for his truck, the final payment on a set of wheels & tires for his truck, and $500 in cash! The reason for the trade was, after he spent a bundle on the custom build, he was too weak by then from dialysis, multiple organ transplants, and heart surgery. I later sold the chopper and gave Sally back the value of the Bonnie.

Freddy passed away a few years ago, and his son had me do a tune-up on the bike because it sat for about a year. He didn't want to sell it at that time. A bout a year ago, he decided to sell it and had me clean the carbs and swap the battery (it hadn't been run, again). He was asking more than I could afford, but I posted it for sale in several places; apparently he was asking too much.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago he called me and told me he wanted me to have it at my earlier offer price. 4 hours later, it was back in my driveway! (needing the carbs cleaned, but starts and runs ok)

Not bike related, but I got an old craftsman tiller. 3 1/2hp flathead briggs, starts first or second pull, and tears the ground up quick. Really a good deal for under 1/4 the price of new tillers, and cheaper than a weedeater atachment tiller. Already putting it to the test, it does pretty good at tearing roots out as long as you already go the big ones.

Attachments

• 20190703_202430.jpg
    20190703_202430.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 201
  • 20190705_164411.jpg
    20190705_164411.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 200
Just rolled into the house with my Mid-O bike haul. All in- $625. The FT rotates with a jumper. No attempt for ignition. The 750 sort of “runs”. The XS is 2 engines, with one completely dissembled and bead blasted, honed, etc. the other just a top end pulled. Plus frame, forks, wheels and swingarm. I want to swap for spokes.

78 CB750
FT500
74 XS650

ca9ec6104a585ff4a4d5987d56e22186.jpg

97c3628b3d6de55f6a07c97f99e2ca02.jpg

irk miller said:
Just rolled into the house with my Mid-O bike haul.

FT500
I've wanted a red one since 1986 when I sold my late kid brother's to one of my employees who proceeded to trash it.

Still want one.

$$?? maybe?

A little late responding but bravo to Grandpaul on the Triumph Bonnie. Good deal to Rat Ranger on the tiller. It will probably last longer then any new one on the market. Finally congrats to Irk on the Ascot and Yamaha. Since I am elbow deep in a grimy, rusty, 1977 750 my condolences on that particular purchase!

Rider52 said:
Since I am elbow deep in a grimy, rusty, 1977 750 my condolences on that particular purchase!
Ha! I’m a sucker that keeps coming back. My chopper with the dirt bike tank is a 77 engine.

Technically haven't bought it yet, but my name is on it and a deposit going down when the dealership opens Tuesday.

2010 F800ST, 15K miles, all the factory options (center stand, ABS, heated grips, luggage, etc...) near as I can figure.

Corbin saddle, Zumo GPS, Akropovic carbon slip-on, and some sort of bolt-on knee grip things.

Got what I think is a great deal on it - 25% below any 'blue book' value I can find and other sellers. Buying from a BMW dealership - it's been sorted.

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 581
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 587
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 596
I plan to have it down here in South Carolina for the next 20 months or so while I’m on contract here. Then, either I’ll sell it for hopefully as much as I just paid (under $4k out the door) or I’ll take it back to Canada and import it.

Tim said:
I plan to have it down here in South Carolina for the next 20 months or so while I’m on contract here. Then, either I’ll sell it for hopefully as much as I just paid (under $4k out the door) or I’ll take it back to Canada and import it.
That's a nice find Tim! Already farkled out is a good thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

[quote author=jking9312]
1982 CBX 14k miles. Awesome original.[/quote]
Very nice 6-pack!

Today, Judy and I drove to Covington, GA and picked up a seat for the '79 GL1000 (I found it on Marketplace). Judy also found a side table for my bed to replace the one that I busted with my head a couple years ago. Both need restored, and I'll order a cover for the seat tonight.
962f839ff23290217ce5035d104cabbf.jpg

pidjones said:
Today, Judy and I drove to Covington, GA and picked up a seat for the '79 GL1000 (I found it on Marketplace). Judy also found a side table for my bed to replace the one that I busted with my head a couple years ago. Both need restored, and I'll order a cover for the seat tonight.

So the seat and table both need to be restored... what about your head?

;D

Back
Top Bottom