CB500 Rear wheel bearing spacer

zoombyu

I recently installed new bearings on my hubs, the front went in with no problems. but I am unsure of the rears. I know it changes sound when it seats fully but im not quite hearing that and ive pounded the hell out of both sides and they don't seem to be going down anymore. This was after freezing them and lightly greasing the hub. one side is completely flush and the side that has the retainer screw down is far enough that the retainer screws all the way in but the spacer between the bearings still has play. Is it supposed to be pinched stiff between the bearings? contemplating just taking them somewhere to try and use a press.

the spacer should only have a few thou play, it should not rattle back and forth axially with clearance..
what kind of condition were the old bearings in ? did you look close at the center spacer to see any witness of wear ?

well disregard that, Im pretty sure im missing the axle spacer that goes between the long spacer and the bigger bearing. I think it sits on top of the spacer and slides in the bigger bearing.

Back
Top Bottom