My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project

Should have set of right oil lines in stock. Good used and I just got things sorted from my trip to see Dad in Wyoming. Still interested in the top end estimate?

zooke581 said:
Should have set of right oil lines in stock. Good used and I just got things sorted from my trip to see Dad in Wyoming. Still interested in the top end estimate?

Ok excellent. That's great you got to go and spend some time with your dad. I am still very interested in the estimate . Not sure if you still have my email with a ton of questions in it, if you don't I can re-send it. I think in the email I mentioned I wanted to get between 50-55hp, well I'm thinking now that 55 would be minimum.
Also still would like info on that Gt750 rear engine mount bushing when you get a chance.

johnu said:
Ok excellent. That's great you got to go and spend some time with your dad. I am still very interested in the estimate . Not sure if you still have my email with a ton of questions in it, if you don't I can re-send it. I think in the email I mentioned I wanted to get between 50-55hp, well I'm thinking now that 55 would be minimum.

I'll work it up this weekend and take some pics and post.
Also still would like info on that Gt750 rear engine mount bushing when you get a chance.

Not much progress at the moment, still trying to decide on buying a lathe. A likely choice is a new Chinese lathe - Grizzly 12"x36" ($2600) which has good reviews.

I did manange to buy some front brake calipers from a member (50Gary) on here for a bargain price. Still looking for a front wheel from a ninja ex650 or zx636 (2005 or newer).

Attachments

• DSCN1565.JPG
    DSCN1565.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCN1567.JPG
    DSCN1567.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 304

Got my new pistons today so cylinders can go out for boring now. Then I'm sending them to Zooke for porting. Also scored a 2009 Ninja 650 front wheel for $44 on ebay!

Attachments

• piston.JPG
    piston.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 307

I would rather port them first before boring. PM me your address so I can get the oil lines to you.

zooke581 said:
I would rather port them first before boring. PM me your address so I can get the oil lines to you.

Ok thanks.

No progress to report yet but I did finally get hold of a lathe so that I can start making parts. Should see some progress in the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

• DSCN1581.JPG
    DSCN1581.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 326

Thanks. First project will be to machine up a new steering stem!

Well finally a little progress. Started modifying the Kawi steering stem to accept 30mm bearings. I realise it is not much but I am getting something done at least! My cylinders are out for porting also (Zooke is doing the work).

Attachments

• steering stem 2.JPG
    steering stem 2.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 300
  • steering stem 1.JPG
    steering stem 1.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 316

What a project. I wish I had some machinist ability but have never done that sort of thing. I envy you. That lathe looks sweet.

What is Zooke proposing for your porting? I have been thinking I would leave my engine internals stock but my other bikes have two or three times the HP of the Suzuki and I am wondering if I should not get some work done while the bikes apart. Any thoughts. I see you are basically building a streetable track bike and that may be a more tempermental engine than I am willing to live with.

Surprisingly the porting I am doing gives the bike more torque and more HP and is very streetable. Good for both street and track.

Reddy, I have had high hp bikes which are exhilarating to ride but I actually get more enjoyment from my 50hp supermoto KTM. I am hoping to get 55hp out of the Suzuki for a fun track day bike!

Top clamp gets the chop! Redundant ignition switch mounting removed. Now I am going to make an adapter to mount Renthal taper bars. I won't be using clip-ons due to shoulder injuries not allowing me to lean over for long periods.

Attachments

• DSCN1725.JPG
    DSCN1725.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCN1726.JPG
    DSCN1726.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCN1728.JPG
    DSCN1728.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 323

johnu said:
Reddy, I have had high hp bikes which are exhilarating to ride but I actually get more enjoyment from my 50hp supermoto KTM. I am hoping to get 55hp out of the Suzuki for a fun track day bike!
We both live in California, are rebuilding a T500, enjoy KTMs and are named John. Are you my long lost Twin?

I hear you about the enjoyment I bike gives you is not just from mega HP. I do not feel my Suzuki will boring but I have heard that it is so mildly tuned in its stock condition that some accelleration can be gained while still having good street manners. I thing I would like that.

That top triple is NICE!

Subscribed, looking very interesting indeed! Would love to get my hands on a T500 one day... not sure if that's ahead of or behind the 750 Katana popup though... ::)

Reddy said:
We both live in California, are rebuilding a T500, enjoy KTMs and are named John. Are you my long lost Twin?

I hear you about the enjoyment I bike gives you is not just from mega HP. I do not feel my Suzuki will boring but I have heard that it is so mildly tuned in its stock condition that some accelleration can be gained while still having good street manners. I thing I would like that.

That top triple is NICE!

Coincidence indeed! Are you in SoCal?

I have heard that stock, the T500 is a very mellow bike, hence my desire to port the cylinders. It sounds like Suzuki were very restrained as far as engine performance goes when they manufactured this bike when compared to say the RD350 Yamahas. As far as tuning is concerned and from my research Zooke is the guy to go to. Unfortunately it will be a while before I get to the point of being able to ride the bike with my newly ported motor. For now I will just have to admire it sitting on the bench!

Back
Top Bottom