Check us out on TV! We Will Be On Wrench Against the Machine!

I like the pics, now I want to see the show, I will see if I can find it and watch it online or on the inlaws cable.

you all rocked 8)done very proud fer yerselves, bravo, well played ,it helped the overall show as well :)

Haven't seen the show but those pics show talent. Neat work. The one with the girder, so much going on with that bike, I dig it.

Watched it last night, great work! Hard to believe that's in 72 hours with shitty tools. They never showed what was up with the clutch on ur bike, did you wind up doing plates?

@jag767 Thanks man! We tried everything to find plates for that bike, but no one had them in stock. We ended up shimming and adjusting the pack to get it to work correctly for the judges.

Couldn't watch the full episode but the clips played, it looked like a good episode. Need to find a way to get the full video in Canada, none of the providers listed on the Esquire site are Canadian. There is likely one of our providers re-broadcasting so I will track it down.

J.Webster Designs said:
@jag767 Thanks man! We tried everything to find plates for that bike, but no one had them in stock. We ended up shimming and adjusting the pack to get it to work correctly for the judges.

Pity they didn't show that. Would be nice to see ppl getting dirty inside the motors. The way its edited the viewer is left thinking the motors are already solid on most of the bikes.

jag767 - it is. I think that is due to the fact that they told us they would be solid running and they ended up not being solid running.... They also did not show that they gave the Rodsmith team a whole new rack of carbs for their bike either. They couldn't get the original set to stop leaking and run correctly, so the production company bought them a whole new set of mikunis.

Maritime - Hope you are able to find it man! Thanks for the support!

J.Webster Designs said:
jag767 - it is. I think that is due to the fact that they told us they would be solid running and they ended up not being solid running.... They also did not show that they gave the Rodsmith team a whole new rack of carbs for their bike either. They couldn't get the original set to stop leaking and run correctly, so the production company bought them a whole new set of mikunis.

Maritime - Hope you are able to find it man! Thanks for the support!

Wow! So they got a new rack and they wouldn't give you clutch plates?

yeah webster you guys and the other team aslso were what made the show a lot better this time.
they need to rethink the main aspect of the show though,its about skilled builders pulling off amazing stuff in 3 days ?ok
but for them 2 supply 2 machines that need tunning work is horseshit.i th\ink all agree to build a custom bike you need to start with a very good running engine/gearbox/clutch and electrical system
because they want to testride the goddam thing and there gonna take away a win why ? because the bike ran like shit already ?srsly did they think the show thru that far ?apparently painfully not.i tell you now mang if i was going to put up a show like that that uses used vehicles i would have them all tested for ridability issues,fix them first or not use that bike to not do so ? how the hell could they be that stupid yes rolin sans and munkee lips garage are stupid f^*&kers,morons
well i think lawsuits are apropriate
the show has got to be either a buildoff or a tuning mechanics challenge
having it be both is too bluury you loose the focus

Id rather watch Gilligan's Island reruns... least it's got Bewbs :p

man-repeller-gilligans-island-style-18.jpg

XB33BSA - Thanks! I completely agree on the mechanics on the bikes. Should be completely running bikes so that there is more time for the builders to focus on fabrication.

Tune-a-fish - Bewbs!

Finally caught the show. I think you guys killed it. Is the format of the show perfect ? Of course not. Is it entertaining and fun to watch - I think so. I'll watch almost any type of builder show. Heck, I even watched the dingdongs at OCC when it was on. It's a shame that they didn't really have a good set-up for the shop. That, believe it or not, could have should have been easily accomplished, especially in LA. They can easily change things for next season if it gets picked up again - most tools could be donated by the manufacturers. They do it all the time. I really like the idea of having 2 comparable bikes. Wouldn't take much for the production crew to hire someone to actually go through the bikes before they were handed off to the contestants. That should have been done. Gotta be apples to apples.

People just don't appreciate how short a time span of 72 hours really is. Now, factor in an unfamiliar shop (with crap tools) in an unfamiliar town. That is a helluva challenge.
I comment you guys for what you were able to accomplish. The other team got some breaks and still messed their's up. It goes to show that you need people with different skill sets for things to go good. Even if the competitor's bike ran, I still gave you guys the nod. It was the only thing you could call a chopper. Pretty darn cool looking to boot.

You must have some dirt on Garage Co... they took it pretty easy on you for parts ;). But....they get a free commercial. Everybody wins.

Again, well done guys! You did yourselves proud. Definitely DID NOT look like a 72 hour build.

Back
Top Bottom