Beachcomber's Tales from the day

Back in harness - Shelby's B I G wedding over [ 9th. Sept ] and Siovhan's 50th [ 22nd Sept ] ........... some ME time now !

Six of the Tales have been finalised, proof read and ready to go. I'm planning on doing at least 4 per month now that I'm cracking on with it. They are taking considerably longer than I anticipated as they HAVE to be absolutely correct, and as far as memory allows - accurate !

If any of you over 60's have any relevant pix you'd like to submit, I'll see about getting them rendered by artist pal Ian Cunningham. Or indeed ANY of you that might have pix of dads, Grandads, etc. on or with their bikes. Probably best to send direct to my e-mail address.

Still undecided about the actual book format - cost will no doubt be the deciding factor.

On target ;D - another 3 completed - 4th by month's end. 8)

I've lost the contacts for "Robot Co" [ ?? ] who where planning a US Cafe Racer book ...... care to contact me guys ?

Oh, BTW did I share this one ?? [ Can't keep a proud Dad down ! ]

Attachments

• wedding official pix 005.jpg
    wedding official pix 005.jpg
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 391
The Limey said:
Feel sorry for me. I got 4 daughters to pay for! :eek:

I've got two more - one is a confirmed singleton and the other is probably off to work abroad before she settles down. They're worth though eh ???

OK, I'm tying up all the loose ends as we should be into the final stretch by 2018 year's end.

I need permission from you guys who responded, made comments, added stories to take some of them as quotes to add to the tales.

Maybe simpler if anyone isn't happy with that - to let me know ? 8)

1fasgsxr said:
I want one of the finished product for sure !

There's probably about 50 spoken for already just from you kind folks hereabouts. As before, ANY bought by you guys will have a personal message and be signed.

I'm going to leave it until the end of the month to take instruction from anybody who declines to have their comments used.

Nobody so far who doesn't want to give permission for their input to be used. I'll give it until the end of this year, after that I'll assume all are GTG. ;D

Thanx for everyone's support - and patience !! You all know the reasons for the delay. :'( 8)

The proof reading and layout is proceeding well - still on target for the end of this year ..... maybe book signings / seminars in the US / Canada the following year ? 8)

Anyway - here's an opportunity for a cartoonist / caricaturist. I would like to illustrate each of the Tales with a headline image in the form of a cartoon / caricature.

If any of you feel up to that and want to send me a sample [ you choose the Tale ] I'll pay 10% commission from each audited sale.

Let me know. Giant Robot Co - you still interested ?

Popeye SXM said:
I am pleased to see the book is a go. Looking forward to getting my copies, I want to order a few ;)

ALL copies bought by DTT 'ers will be signed. That should de-value it !!!!

I’ve been following this thread for the past few years now and I just want to join the chorus of voices saying that I am very excited for this book and will definitely be ordering a copy. Thank you for sharing your stories, Beachcomber. They are inspiring and incredibly fun to read.

JUST A HEADSUP FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED ....... WE'RE STILL ON TARGET TO HAVE THE FULL GALLEY PROOF READY FOR THE END OF THE YEAR AND TALKS ARE ONGOING WITH 2 POTENTIAL PUBLISHERS. ;D

STILL TIME FOR ANY BUDDING CARTOONISTS TO CONTRIBUTE WITH FULL ACREDITATION AND ROYALTY FOR ANY WORK USED.

OK caps lock off now to lazy to type that again !!!!!!! ::)

dwysywd said:
BC, any update on this, its been 6 months. Can't wait to hear if this got published yet.

My sincere apologies - there have been a series of serious family illnesses [ not mine for a change ] - all now pretty well resolved.

So I will now be getting back down to completing the galley proof. I have 1 publisher very interested and I've just been given an introduction to another from a magazine owner friend.

Nobody more frustrated than me !!

My sincere apologies - there have been a series of serious family illnesses [ not mine for a change ] - all now pretty well resolved.

So I will now be getting back down to completing the galley proof. I have 1 publisher very interested and I've just been given an introduction to another from a magazine owner friend.

Nobody more frustrated than me !!

GENTLEMEN,

I am still here despite life having very much got in the way ...................... the bottom line is that I have been unable to put any effort into completing the book for the past 3 1/2 years, however you can be assured that I am now back on it.

I have to pick up the threads and explained the situation in full to those that need to know. I expect to be back on the final proofing and preparation of galley proofs in the next 3 months.

I still have to contact a couple of publishers to ensure they are still interested ......... at the risk of repeating myself - I fully intend the book to be completed before this coming Christmas.

So my apologies to all who have expressed an interest - it WILL happen !!!

Thanx to all for your patience.

TJ

Back
Top Bottom