Vinyl Wrap

J-Rod10

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Anyone had their bike wrapped? Thinking about having one of mine done.

What'd it run to you have her done?

I've had my DS7 wrapped in "carbon fiber" from day one. This is the recently updated version...
IMG_9672_zpsexthyp24.jpg

The first job was free, and this one only cost me the vinyl ($100), but then I'm good friends with the shop owner.
I didn't ask this time, but after the first wrap (about 6yrs ago) I asked what I should tell people if they want to know dollars. He said 'about $300'.
Largely, as with anything of this nature, pricing will depend on how time consuming the job is. The vinyl itself isn't THAT expensive. The labor (to do it right) is where it adds up.

I have done some wrap work. I'd probably charge anywhere from $300 - $400 for a tank, seat cowl, fenders and side covers, including material. It also depends on the vinyl finish, patterns (carbon fiber) and cast vinyl (chrome) are more difficult to lay than regular solid colors. The surface has to be prepped quite well, smooth and with a hard glossy finish.

If done correctly on a well painted surface high quality wrap vinyl can be removed fairly easily within about 5 years.

I think Adco hit the nail on the head with "good paint" you can't really lay it up on a primer surface, it needs paint to shtick... paint it.

I have it painted now. On color #3 in two years. Wrapping it just seems easier than painting it when I want a change.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Get that carbon look... Red?
Na, I have a roll of carbon fiber if I want that look. Thinking burnt copper metallic this time around.

Back
Top Bottom