217cc,36mm flatslide,ported,254.5 lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_5448.JPG
    IMG_5448.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 343
  • IMG_5449.JPG
    IMG_5449.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 347
That's one of the most awesome things I've seen in a long, long time! Credit to the man, would have taken a lot of skill to ride that.

I've just picked up a late 70's Suzuki TS185 and am looking to modify it for road use rather than trail. Should be fun!

Its good to be back on DTT.

- boingk

Yeah the Sunday film is a kicker, only seen bits but keep meaning to buy the DVD. The four-stroke he's riding in that clip is wicked, too.

Sadly most two stroke dirt bikes end up like this:

IMG_20150803_142511.jpg

Not this one, though, she's getting fixed up and the owner gave me all the road legal gear from her into the bargain. Couldn't resist it, perfect base for something badass!

- boingk

The Sand Blaster,some new pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_6227.JPG
    IMG_6227.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 316
  • IMG_6223.JPG
    IMG_6223.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 323
  • IMG_6233.JPG
    IMG_6233.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 970
Thanks guys.It's nice to have some time to get out for real rides.

Attachments

• IMG_6237.JPG
    IMG_6237.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 332
175 mile ride today in perfect Autumn weather. Found some really nice sand/dirt roads and great tree colors. Ironically no pictures of the good roads or the good colors! The transmission oil was suprisingly dirty, so that got changed today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 266
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 286
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 274
Not all that newsworthy but we set another couple of records with our two stroke street bikes at the AMSNOW drag race event in MI last month. 95.54mph (same ET) on the RZ350 and 13.1 at the same MPH on the GT750. I was out on round one after doing a 13.22 against a 13.20 dial in. My reaction time was 0.3 seconds off the OP and that's where I lost that race - before it really started.

And I picked up a drag race GT750 Suzuki project. It has already been dropped off to have the steering head moved back and swingarm lengthened a bit and a new back end fitted to take an early R1 6" wide 17" rear wheel. I brought home the motor and have to now fit the GS1100 transmission and a new crank.

Teazer, being an old Buffalo guy that I am, can't wait to see and read about your new project. GS tranny? Excellent!

I think I have some pictures here. With teh frame and forks in MI and the motor with a blown crank, there's not much to see at the moment. I have the carbs stripped for cleaning and they are not quite teh way I would have run them, but can't complain.

Lat year I managed to get my hands on a pair of race barrels and heads and I think there is more HP in there waiting to see the light of day but my immediate focus is on finishing the GT750 resto-mod that's taking up space. Barrles have been cleaned up and just had them bored and the top decked to raise compression. Turns out the block was slightly warped, so it was just as well I took 5 thou of the bottom face first to clean it up.

I have a squish head but I think I'll finish the welded head and machine a new combustion chamber shape into that one. Unfortunately I don't have a machine shop so I have to pay people to machine parts to my design. There are some great machinists and welders in Elk Grove Village which is not too far from us and that helps.

The real question is do I finish the reed top end with extra transfer port or port one of the sets of barrels I have. The real answer is that I should build the motor as it was raced and then try my barrels on the dyno and see if they are any better. The guy that built this bike ported and built the GT750 that still holds the lowest ET/highest MPH of any drag race GT and that was back in 76 or so. Going faster than his bike is the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom