CB360 (378cc) Green Meanie (Weenie) 2.0 -

3DogNate

"You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda"
Here's where this thing sits now....

null_zpsf82fea29.jpg

It's not currently reliable... and I HATE the Mac 2-1 exhaust.

End of last season I added a Pamco ignition and One of Matt's SparckMoto Rec/Regs. I really didn't do much beyond that last year I may have put 20 miles on the bike. I was too into finishing up my XS650 to really fuss with the Honda.

Here's what I have planned:
1) Open the top end and install a new Cam chain tensioner and slipper... (Big thanks to Matt again for making CB360 sets readily available once and for all)
2) Lap valve seats
3) I just rebuilt a set of stock carbs... (I'm going to hold off on having PJ mod them for PODs until later) / I am going to make another attempt to get these Mikuni's tuned and also try out the stock carbs, I thought I had them dialed in pretty well but last year they didn't do worth shit... not sure what the problem was. I'll keep one set and sell off the other... but won't mod the stocks unless I know I'm keeping them.
4) I'm ditching the MAC 2-1 and switching over to a set of CL360 headers. - I'm not sure what I'm going to do about "after" the headers. I'm open to suggestions here...
a)just run the headers... (Probably a bitch to tune and loud as hell)
b)weld extensions on the headers to lengthen them... (Easier to tune, probably still loud as all hell)
c)Extended headers with a baffle to tame the volume
d)Headers with stock CL360 exhaust (Easiest to tune... will sound whimpy (even if it's not))
e)Headers with a 2-1 collector and a cone muffler
f)headers with some shorties on them. Cheap
5) I am not greatly fond of my clip-ons.. this bike is so small. I am going to switch back to risers and a set of drag bars. That might get rid of some vibration and get some pressure off my palms... My hands are not happy with the current setup... thing rattles my teeth.
6) with the CL exhaust I'll be able to move to the lowest setting on the OSS Rear sets with a stronger brake linkage.
7) Fix a dent and repaint to right side of the tank (Took a ding getting loaded up for Barber 2 years ago.)

Re: CB360 (378cc) Green Meanie 2.0 -

[size=14pt]For what it's worth to you, I've run just about all of the CL exhaust options you listed except the 2-1 collector. So far I have been happiest w/ the stock pipes into shorties setup. It ran good, was loud but not stupid loud in the neighborhood. At the moment I'm considering two options; I'll either extend the pipes a few inches, put the shorties back on, and re-wrap or I may leave them as-is and just slip on some kind of chrome extension, perhaps w/ a turn-down. The aim of either option is to increase the overall length as I understand this is more desirable for optimum tuning. One suggestion: If you switch to CL pipes don't forget to use the rear pipe bracket that attaches at the swing arm bolt. There's a bunch of stress on the the studs up on the head without it.

Good luck w/ your (re)build, I like the look you achieved on your 360.
[/size]

ridesolo said:
For what it's worth to you, I've run just about all of the CL exhaust options you listed except the 2-1 collector. So far I have been happiest w/ the stock pipes into shorties setup. It ran good, was loud but not stupid loud in the neighborhood. One suggestion: If you switch to CL pipes don't forget to use the rear pipe bracket that attaches at the swing arm bolt. There's a bunch of stress on the the studs up on the head without it.

That's what I'm leaning toward at the moment as it's probably a good balance between looks, performance and ease of fabrication....

I already have the CL Exhaust. (Complete) And yeah I have the bracket that you speak of... The chrome is good on the header pipes... I might end up polishing up the headers and powder coating the heat shield. I might wrap them too, need to see it first.

My XS650 bobber has straight high side pipes... they are pretty loud but not rediculously loud like my buddies Straight piped sportster. If the Emgos and CL headers are no louder than that... I'll be fine... though the Muffler came off my MAC setup once and I was rather surprised at just how loud the little 360 actually was...

For a while I ran the CL pipes straight w/ home made baffles in them. They were loud, but not awful. One day I was on the way home from work, cruising along at about 60 or so, and one of the baffles popped out, wow, instant difference! "Loud pipes save lives." Bull shit! Loud pipes are annoying!

I got a pair of emgo slashcuts (same as shorties only re-packable and a couple inches longer) AND / OR a pair of stock high pipe mufflers. You can have...free & delivered. 8).
Me and bromz can bring em over to ya...on a sunny day so we can see the 650.

trek97 said:
I got a pair of emgo slashcuts (same as shorties only re-packable and a couple inches longer) AND / OR a pair of stock high pipe mufflers. You can have...free & delivered. 8).
Me and bromz can bring em over to ya...on a sunny day so we can see the 650.

Hey... I'll take you up on that offer...

On the XS, after a test ride yesterday it's running awesome... The I'm about to get into a front end rebuild to lower the front end and switch to a shorter T style bar and add my fork brace. I feel like I'm hanging on for dear life at speeds over 60mph... I have got to shorten my side stand as well.... too upright as it is. I'm going to try to knock those items out over the next 2 weeks. I'm not 100% digging on my seat pan either... So some changes coming for that bike too. Might want to wait until that's over, so Mid-late april/early May... but the honda isn't getting torn down until that's over unless I get antsy... I'll probably revive my XS thread so look for updates on that.

Ill dig out the Uni-filters for ya too. I think they might have 1 season on them. Just need a soak and fresh oil.

Unless you got K&Ns on her. Then you stick w those.

trek97 said:
Ill dig out the Uni-filters for ya too. I think they might have 1 season on them. Just need a soak and fresh oil.

Unless you got K&Ns on her. Then you stick w those.

I've got a set of these already. The same filters work with my XS carbs too... I have K&Ns on it... It's less picky about filters and exhaust.

Thanks though...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427845785.785580.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427845785.785580.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 1,721

I will find an evening we can shoot over after work. Ill PM ya my number, send me a text so I can add ya.

CB360 (378cc) Green Meanie 2.0 -

So... while I've got T120R parts out for service and after a year of disgust and cussing this bike. I must have had a clogged oil passage to the left side of the head. The thing ran dry and ground my rocker arms and cam down on that side... that sucked. So I let it sit all year last year while I worked on the XS650 and T120R. I got fired up this weekend and tore the top end of the motor apart and rebuilt it using top end parts from my parts motor. (Head, cam, rocker box, new valve seals, lapped the valves, made damn sure my oil passages were clear.)... Ditched the Mac exhaust and mocked up the Scrambler exhaust. I'm still planning to use the Mikuni Carbs, the bike was running great until that oil issue... I ordered a new throttle and cable with 90 degree ends at the carb... those carbs are huge and there's not a whole lot of clearance between the top of the carb and the frame/tank. 90 degree connectors should help that.

Next steps...
* Fit the the new throttle and cable to the carbs
* Blast and powder coat the heat shield
* Wire wheel / sand exhaust and paint it. (Flat black pipes + gloss black shield should look trick..)
* Drain oil and clean out the oil filter and screen
* Re-assemble the side cover and add fresh oil
* Test fire it and see if the straight through extended scrambler pipes are gonna work well.

Here's an obligatory pic of the bike in its transitional state.

CB360 (378cc) Green Meanie 2.0 -

Got the heat shield blasted and powder coated. Waiting on my new throttle to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I love my cone engineering quiet core mufflers. DCC sells them w 10% DTT discount. Thinking, I ordered them around christmas and got free shipping also.

http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/motorcycle/MC-finished-Mufflers.pdf

trek97 said:
I love my cone engineering quiet core mufflers. DCC sells them w 10% DTT discount. Thinking, I ordered them around christmas and got free shipping also.

http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/motorcycle/MC-finished-Mufflers.pdf

Hmmm maybe if i were going to do a collector and make a 2 into one... Not sure if I'm going to go that far... Might just keep it long and straight through... I've spent more than enough dough on this little guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm..... A 360 thread I haven't posted in. How did that happen? ;D

crazypj said:
Hmmmm..... A 360 thread I haven't posted in. How did that happen? ;D
We'll chalk it up as Peter failure. ;D

el barto said:
Dang that heat shield looks nice

Thanks, I'll get this thing running again and decide what to do about the noisy end of the exhaust... I'm running VM30 round slides so it's not nearly as picky as the CV carbs... Performance should be decent enough with the extensions... need to see how loud it is though... if it's no worse than my 650 was I might be able to leave it but then again this little guy would be higher pitch and running a little higher RPM normally so it might be a smidgen more annoying... so I might need a silencer of some sort in the end

New throttle and cable came today. So I got out and cleaned out the year + old crud outta the carbs and got them cabled up. New fuel line should arrive tomorrow. Grips I ordered aren't gonna work though, too stubby. I can score those locally though. I drained the oil and hooked the battery tender up... I'll get the oil sorted, verify that the Coils are wired backup right, Install gaskets in the headers, Fresh fuel in the tank and get this thing running again sometime this week. I have a ton of triumph stuff arriving this week... It'd be nice to have the Honda running so I can focus and reclaim some shop space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you still have the headers from the Mac and want to make a few bucks back, I'm your huckleberry.

Back
Top Bottom