Deus Ex Machina makes high-end motorcycles and loses money on each one

Ok so who did? Learned that shit in school when i was ten or something, never really thought of it again..
And whats wrong with flat black? Every other bike gets that color scheme :D

Beside the point anyway, i just meant mass production is what's profitable in this sad society, not bike art..

Henry Ford did not invent the assembly line but he was the first to build cars on an assembly line, cutting the cost of final product in half. That's how he sold a tremendous number of Model Ts. I believe it was Eli Whitney that originated the concept of the assembly line by making multiple parts of a musket exactly the same whereas before each musket was built individually by hand and no two were exactly alike.

DrJ said:
Henry Ford did not invent the assembly line but he was the first to build cars on an assembly line, cutting the cost of final product in half. That's how he sold a tremendous number of Model Ts. I believe it was Eli Whitney that originated the concept of the assembly line by making multiple parts of a musket exactly the same whereas before each musket was built individually by hand and no two were exactly alike.

Eli Whitney put standardized parts into use, but an assembly line is a matter of how they're put together. The assembly line is the natural offspring of the implementation of standarization, though...it's all evolution.

AgentX said:
Eli Whitney put standardized parts into use, but an assembly line is a matter of how they're put together. The assembly line is the natural offspring of the implementation of standarization, though...it's all evolution.

Big Bang Man... Evolution :(

If it really costs them $60k to build that junk they are getting hosed. Don't even know it half of them even run!
They are making signs to hang in a window and sell hipsters idiots a lifestyle. Personally I view it as praying on the mentally disabled.
I just hope that they find a new dick to ride and ruin a different hobby soon.
Glad to see that more are waking up and seeing how much of a joke they are.

Did Old Navy need to have videos or other ways of waxing poetic about all the old chevy trucks in their stores? Nope.
Maybe they needed a clearly BS PR stunt talking about how those trucks cost a million dollars to get the patina just right.

surffly said:
If it really costs them $60k to build that junk they are getting hosed. Don't even know it half of them even run!
They are making signs to hang in a window and sell hipsters idiots a lifestyle. Personally I view it as praying on the mentally disabled.
I just hope that they find a new dick to ride and ruin a different hobby soon.
Glad to see that more are waking up and seeing how much of a joke they are.

Did Old Navy need to have videos or other ways of waxing poetic about all the old chevy trucks in their stores? Nope.
Maybe they needed a clearly BS PR stunt talking about how those trucks cost a million dollars to get the patina just right.

Ha. Ha. fucking Ha or LOL depending on generation.

Patina? you mean FakeTina... she will bang for a buck too.

I saw this on Crackbook and thought to myself "what a great way to advertise your self have someone wright something about your bike builds how your not doing good selling hugely overpriced bikes that only a small percentage of people can afford making your client base small to start with and then complain you cant sell the bikes drop some names and cash in" Over all they have a fantastic marketing department that supports them. For 60 K I would expect to have something that is a show stopper but what do you get for 60 k as in what are you paying for? Labor? Craftsmanship? One off game changing parts or motors? nope you are paying for a brand it works for harley. Look at it like this if you could charge 60k to build a bike how great would your builds be?

if you could charge 60k to build a bike how great would your builds be?

I couldn't in good faith spend 60K of someones money on just a single motorcycle. But I live where there are more poor people than rich... arrogance is mighty spensive y'all.

As silly as I think the concept of dues ex is, if I could sell my badass custom trees and other parts for a ridiculous price and make profit, I would. Instead, I still think the price is ridiculous AND I lose money on most of them too. That's what I get for targeting ppl like myself for my own products. "I would use it, surely other's will too." But if I can't afford my own product, I doubt all my other potential blue collar customers can either. So yeah, I get the drive to make money on merchandise over substance. There's a much faster return on it. I can't afford a new triumph, but I can afford a kick ass triumph t shirt with a tiger or union Jack on it, and that will make me feel like I fit in with the image I want.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is none of us want this business model to work, but all of us with ANY lifestyle merchandise from our favorite marques have helped propel the market engine.

So that said, who wants to buy a Mr. E Machines t shirt or bottle opener? ;-)

Mr.E said:
So that said, who wants to buy a Mr. E Machines t shirt or bottle opener? ;-)
I'll have to quit buying Rust Revival t shirts first. ;)

You just gave me an idea (bottle opener) that we need to talk about... ;D ;D ;D

With people charging huge money for stuff you wind up with an inflated opinion of ones products. IE well if they can sell a bike for 60,000 then I can easily charge 45,000. If you have a good marketing department, top rung photographers thats 90% of the game hell some of the bikes that are on pipe burn dont run or are not functionally ride able. Flip side is the But I saw it on ebay argument. IE But I saw it on ebay for 20 and you want 50 your ripping me off! (they don't factor in the immediate part in hand, shipping and exchange).

$60K?? did he also use a file to make the bolts from bar stock? Give me that much money, and I'll give you a 900hp Busa, and the bolts will be rolled, not cut.

Back
Top Bottom