Having trouble putting that patch on your jacket?

Ard Choille!

"and I looked, and behold a pale horse"
Are you tired of trying to iron on your patches or getting charged a ridiculous amount to have patches sewn on?

Well my fellow DTTer's ,you gotta use JB weld. I know it sounds odd, but I have used JB weld on all my patches, and they are not coming off my jacket. I seriously think they would survive any contact with pavement if you wipe out doing the ton 8) .

Just make sure you do it right the first time on a nice jacket. If your patch is only temporary (which I don't know why it would be), then by all means, DO NOT use the JB.

I'll post some pics later.

Sorry it took so long to get pics. Here is one I did a while ago. I'm getting ready to add my new DTT Triangle Patch soon, so I guess I could post pics of the process.
IMG_1321.jpg

I guess it could work too, as long as your talking about the epoxy kind that comes in the small tubes.

Here is the one I just recently did
IMG_1373.jpg

Just make sure your careful when you put pressure on the patch that it doesn't move a little. I put 5lb round weights on it ( 20lbs total), and it moved it very slightly, as you can see where the JB is at the top left corner of the patch.

i use this stuff called shoe goo, holds it on perfect, but if you decide you wanna take a patch off you can peel it off with ease, itll leave a mess of dried up rubber cement but that also peels off very easy, apply a little heat and bam! easy peasy

Back
Top Bottom