shop apron?

You're not going to find a leather apron for $90 unless it's mass-produced in China which I haven't seen. That isn't a cheap but I'm surprised it's not more considering the amount of leather and workmanship that goes into making one. I do leatherwork myself and it's not quick and easy.

Well looks like my assumption was incorrect. Yeah they look nice but I don't know how they can sell them so inexpensively. I could make one myself but I couldn't sell it for $100 and be worth my effort.

im a welder/fabricator for a living and my looking for something thats going to be durable agains sparks and metal chips that i can just blow off at the end of the day, plus looking for something thats badass looking

If you want quality you gotta pay for it. Thats the problem, you want cheap? Buy chinese. You want you want to support your economy and get a product thats made too last, buy local/Canadian/American.

Hey, I picked up an industrial sewing machine yesterday for upholstry. I've been planning to make a shop apron for myself with a thick flame resistant fabric.

Just now trying to decide which product to use. I also weld quite a bit and am tired of ruining pants. I got the machine to start doing some upholstry and offer it as a service on here. Its been a few years since I reupholstered furniture so I'm going to play a bit first.

Probably a couple weeks out from a sample or pic, but I'll post it here as soon as I make it. If I can get some feedback and there's a market i'd be interested in selling them.

"Burnin' oil and smellin' royal!"

If anyone else is interested in shop aprons, list any special features you'd like to see in an apron. I know I'm going to put a few larger pockets with spots for drivers, pen, and a large brass ring to hold shop rags.

I would want a pocket in the chest area for shop glasses. I have these nifty safety glasses with 1.5 magnification "reader" bifocals in them that really help with close work and make welding possible for me. I kinda have them all over the shop, but a pocket in the apron for them would be groovy.

Wow, good find. Mine are coming along. I'll post a picture soon. Nowhere near that price range though! :p

The Harbor Freight apron is cheap and looks it. <G>
This forum has a lot of poverty stricken members (like me) that need cheap. Why else would we be working with $300 motorcycles?

That being said, a nice, classy looking shop apron clearly has its place.

MANY years ago I sewed one out of heavy denim. Don't wear it for welding but for everything else it is pretty handy!

Attachments

• 0911110854a.jpg
    0911110854a.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 271
Heh-Heh
yeah... but it gets USED! I'll throw it in with the next load of dirty shop towels I've accumulated. On that note, worth every penny to take that load to the laundry-mat to keep the wifey happy about the condition of her washer ::)
How the fuck does a machine that supposed to get things CLEAN get so filthy with a few dozed greasy shop towels? :p

Back
Top Bottom