My Honda cb200t project

cta

So here's my new project. A 1975 Honda cb200t.
motorcycle.jpg

motorcylerightside.jpg

Its got alot of rust, but its all there, and it runs. But very rough. My plan is to bob it. Cant wait to get started.

WOW! I just went back and read through some of the other 200 builds, and my head is spinning. So many great ideas. So glad I found this site. I'm going to start on my bike tomorrow.

Just remember: a lot of the smaller Honda bikes share similar parts.

Any pics of what you are aiming for?

Her are more pics of the bike. Some are after I washed it.
http://s972.photobucket.com/albums/ae209/CTA07/cb200%20motorcycle/?mediafilter=images
Overall I think it's in pretty good shape. The rear shocks look rough, and i'll probobly have to replace them.
Rich there are so many things, it would be too many pics. But basically i want to shorten the rear,put on a custom solo seat, add flat track bars with a 1" rise to them. paint it, relocate the battery and electrics so they are more hidden. Thats all I can think of right now. Oh change the headlight to a light and speedo in one(on order). Now to what I need:
Brake light switch
Rear shocks (pretty sure They're shot)
tires
brake rebuild front and rear
fork rebuild
motor nut and bolt kit (PO striiped alot of them)
gasket kit (motor is leaking oil, looks like some sort sealant oozing out from seams)
carb rebuild kit (also the plastic part that connects the carb to the motor is cracked. keihin carbs
cable kit (clutch, brake, throttle, speedo tach
mufflers
throottle controls
shifter arm
ignitin and keys
starter switch and wires
grips

Ok, so I started the teardown. Started from the top and working my way down. I drained the oil and there was definatley gas in it. Also the drain plug had some nasty sludge in it. It was grey in color and had the consistency of bearing grease. I ran some of it between my fingers and didnt feel any metal bits. But it did feel gritty. There is rust in the gas tank so that might be what I feel. Any thoughts.The ignition was diferent from stock. But that didnt matter cuase it was broken any way. Lastly when I took the exaust off, I peeked into the ports, one was very wet, the other was very dry. It looks like I'm gonna have to tear the engine apart, and have a better look at whats going on in there. :p

Wet with what - oil, gas, or water? Sounds like that motor's due for a rebuild.

Good luck and let us know if you need any help!

I just thought id update this. Just doing a lot of cleaning and derusting. I chopped off the end as well. Also removed other things like seat lock etc. A couple of pics of the frame.
bobbedframe.jpg

motorcycleframe.jpg

Did a little mock up of the rear. Chopped the fender and relocated it.
DSCN0107.jpg

Also painted the frame and a bunch of parts. I'll get some pics of that up later.
I bought some new tires, and I got a 110/90/18 for the rear, and that is a much bigger tire than the old one. It fits, but barely. Has any one else encountered this. Its a Kenda challenger.

Rear tires that small can be tough to find. There are some 3.00-18's around but if you do want to run a bigger tire, you should get a wider wheel to mount it to.

I went with the 110/90/18 from what other people wrote on here. So will this tire not fit properly on my rim? I would've gone with a slightly smaller tire (100). But it was hard to find that size.

If you google "avon tyre chart" you'll find a list of what tires will fit your wheel (look for the stamping on the wheel)

tommygun said:
what color is your frame?? i love it and want my frame to look like that. its the "rust" look im goin for
The paint is rustoleum rusty metal primer in red. I just painted the frame in black. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.

Some more pics. I put the new tires on the wheels. The rear was wasn't too bad, but the front was a bitch. I ended up puncturing the tube :p
rear is a IRC gs-11
DSCN0155.jpg

Front is a kenda cruiser.
frontwheelandtire.jpg

The painted frame
DSCN0157.jpg

New handlebars
DSCN0159.jpg

Wanna get started on the motor, but i'm waiting on a head gasket from someone I bought on ebay.

Sounds like you will need all new seals for the engine too. Not hard to find, and usually under $40.00 shipped.

That's probably why you saw moisture on one of the exhaust ports/valves.

Back
Top Bottom