Dallas/Ft Worth Introduction Thread

Guys, new to the group.

Currently ride a '13 V7 Stone but I'm looking for my first project bike, which will likely be a Yamaha XS or a Suzuki GS. Looking to learn alot about bikes, considering that the Guz is my first bike...ever.

Joined the DTT DFW group, hopefully I can ride with everyone one day.

-Seabass

Hey everyone!

My name is Cullen and I live in Mckinney. I'm 29, married with no kids and I work close to Downtown Dallas. I'm new to the site and would love to get more involved in meetups. I actually have a new bike (2013), but with old school looks. I bought a Cleveland Cyclewerks Misfit for my first bike and already have a ton of ideas for upgrades and modifications. I'll see if I can post some pics of my bike soon.

The Misfit said:
Hey everyone!

My name is Cullen and I live in Mckinney. I'm 29, married with no kids and I work close to Downtown Dallas. I'm new to the site and would love to get more involved in meetups. I actually have a new bike (2013), but with old school looks. I bought a Cleveland Cyclewerks Misfit for my first bike and already have a ton of ideas for upgrades and modifications. I'll see if I can post some pics of my bike soon.
Welcome man, are you already in the local facebook group?

Hey Cullen, how's that CC Misfit go? Pretty rad little scoot man.

Btw, I'm Kyle, also new here, but not to bikes or forums. Actually not new to this forum either, lost my username over the years and just joined back up. I'm in the Lkewood/Lake Highlands area, you might see me on a '78 CB750K, an '01 Sporty with a mild modern cafe treatment, or cruising the '55 F250. Soon enough I'll be back on my day's old CB100, the bike I learned to ride on about 15 years ago. See you on the road boys 8)

@ Burell, thanks man! I just joined the local FB group!

@Coyote, Good to meet you! I love the Misfit. It's got some decent get up, but the top end is terrible right now. I know I won't be doing a buck fifty on this bike, but you know how Tx drivers are. It would be nice if I could at least push 85 or 90 if needed. Riding down I75 South is a beast anytime it's windy and I top out at about 65 or 70mph. I need to get rid of all of the EPA crap on the bike and get a new chain and front sprocket. That should give me a little boost. Regardless, I love the bike.

Hey guys... posted in the main intro thread, but wanted to say hello here. Living in East Dallas, totally clueless about all this stuff, but I just got a Yamaha DT100 to bomb about town in. It's in rough shape, but hopefully I can learn how to get her shiny and not totally blow anything up.

791160175.png

Kinda quiet in here boys.

Looking for someone local to do an 836 rebuild on my CB750, any recommendations? I have all the parts and the motor is pulled, just don't have the time and I want this beast back on the road. I'll likely be sending the head off to Mike Rieck to work his magic, so this is a pretty straightforward task.

Let me know if there are any recommended shops/independents, and if there's anybody I ought to stay away from.

TIA

coyote13 said:
Kinda quiet in here boys.

Looking for someone local to do an 836 rebuild on my CB750, any recommendations? I have all the parts and the motor is pulled, just don't have the time and I want this beast back on the road. I'll likely be sending the head off to Mike Rieck to work his magic, so this is a pretty straightforward task.

Let me know if there are any recommended shops/independents, and if there's anybody I ought to stay away from.

TIA

Give Swifty's in Fort Worth a call. Great guys and great fun. 817-560-RACE (7223)

Dunno if you boys would let in a Nacogdoches rider but, we got some great roads down here if some of ya'll are down for a full day cruise

Hey guys,

I'm Rex. Moved to Dallas about a year or so ago from Arkansas. Currently living in Mesquite/Garland area. I have an xs11 midnight special I practically stole:) awesome condition, took it to a mechanic to rebuild the carbs. Got shafted really hard. Cost as much as the bike did and at the time I didn't realize what had happened. After finding dtt I decided to start a new project. (Can't feasibly get the other bike here) 82 kz305 is my current obsession. I requested to join the Facebook group. Looking forward to meeting you cats!

-Rex

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Hello all! Recent joiner of the forum. I'm enjoying reading through all the builds ad advice from everyone.

I'm in the Richardson area and am about to bite the bullet and pickup my first bike. I've been looking and wanting long enough. I love working on things and building, breaking, then fixing things so I am excited for my first try.

Back
Top Bottom