Why was a "bobber and chopper" section added to this "cafe" board?

Swagger said:
Kiley...does your contact have any decent rebuildable springers?

I know where one is right now for $300. I considered getting it, but I may go a different route. Want me to track it for you? It's a genuine original springer, not a copy...he may come down too.

Naw, for $300 I can scrounge something up locally.....was hoping for "that deal"...know what I mean.
No worries mate.

Why this section? While I can appreciate a cafe, a tracker, a restored stock bike or a fresh barn find, at the end of the day I'm taking one of my high bar rolling abortions for a spin. And won't need to down a ton of painkillers or muscle relaxants, won't need to drag out my cane, and won't miss work the next day because I can't stand up straight. Not all of us can ride a stocker anymore, let alone a cafe with clubman or clip-on bars.

I think everyone on this board is mature enough to recognize that hard work is hard work. We may have different tastes, but wouldn't it be boring as hell if we all rode the same style, drove the same car, drank the same beer and watched the same shows/movies?

Some people call my bike a bobber (it isn't). Some call it a chopper (only thing chopped is the stock tank mounts are cut off). Closest label is bar hopper, which was originally applied to stripped down, high bar, tiny tank, minimal lighting, basically brakeless in town only bikes. Technically, it isn't one of those either, not with its full FL rear fender, small bags, 15" rise apehangers, full ligthing, etc. What do I call it? Mine.

Being very new to the forum, I don't want to over step my bounds. I have put together quite a few different kinds of bikes of different brands. I love ALL brands. I am a very tolerant person but what I can't stand is narrow mindedness. Their are a lot of forums out there geared towards a specific brand or style of bike. Some of those members are living with blinders on and talk about partying instead of bikes. That is not for me. For one, I don't drink. I feel this is a very professional forum with great ideas and great technical advice with knowledgable members willing to help and encourage people with WHATEVER they are building. The last bike I built was a Triumph bobber. I have a few other brits. Currently working on a small Honda cafe project that I am equally as excited about. Next might be finishing a restoration project on a '68 victor I started or finishing the cafe H2 i started 20 years ago. However, if I can talk my Dad out of his '40 Indian Sport Scout, I'll be building another period bobber. I just love making something from nothing and buiding parts instead of buying them. To the Moderators, great job keeping this an open minded forum. I am proud to be a part of it. Looks like members just plain love motorcycles like I do.
Stik

I love the fact that there is a bob/chop section on this site. I just finished a CB750 that I'm not sure what it would be called but I just call it my bad ass bike..I'm not a loyalist in any sense of the word and cant stand it when some asshole looks at and cant tell right off the bat that its not a harley and then has the audacity to try to tell me that his HD chrome kit and HD riding apparel makes him/his better than mine....I say "line that $25000 piece of shit up next to my $1500 piece of shit and see who looks like a fool in the end...I have nothing against HD at all, I love the sound of a hot shovelhead too but alot of times its the owners elitist attitude that rubs my ass the wrong way.

fabnsmitty ill line my HD against your 750, we can see who laughs in the end... ha ha ha just ball busting bud!

the CB750 is my fav bike of all time! i know just what you mean about the HD crowd, but i think you will find that most dyna riders out there do wrench... i know i have had my HD down to the frame 3 times now... this last one was the last! i know just what you mean though, when you spend all that time building your own bike, and you have a bolt on queen next to you ball busting!

JRK, what you got in the HD persuasion? the 750 aint that much of a hot rod right now but next spring after the motor comes out for the 836 kit, cam and headworkand yeah the bolt on queens are what im talkin bout

As much as enjoy I picking on the Harley guys, I gotta say...Joe's bike is a brute. Stoplight to stoplight....I'd bet most would be hard pressed to keep up..

Back
Top Bottom