74 cl 360 stretch?

bobfrk

hey ive got a 74 cl 360. i was just wondering what is the easiest way to lengthen the bike safley? i cant weld but my buddy is a good welder so we were thinking of extending the swingarm but i figured i would ask here what the best way would be and how to do it. thanks

Check out VonYinzers' CB350 the "Supernaught" in the cafe racers section. He had his stretched a good 6 inches.

Ya, the only real way to "stretch" the bike is in the swinger. WHat exactly are you looking to do, and by that I mean what "look" are you after.

VonYinzer said:
Ya, the only real way to "stretch" the bike is in the swinger. WHat exactly are you looking to do, and by that I mean what "look" are you after.
i want a long and low look. im not opposed to hardtail but i just dont think i have the skills and tools to do it, also not willing to spend the money to have it done for me. thanks

Gsbobber said:
easiest is to buy a longer swingarm but to weld it would be cheaper
is there a "bolt on" extended swingarm that is easy to make work? a dirrect bolt on would be nice but i wouldnt think there is one available, is there?

No their isnt. You'll need to extend the stock swinger, which isnt too difficult. Make a jig, use slugs and rosette welds, and make sure your welds penetrate and are solid. Mine was 6 inces over, which is about as far as you can go. Id suggest something a bit shorter. Maybe 5 inches. Youll also nee different shocks. Late 70s CB750ss shocks worked great for me. You will have a VERY stiff ride but Im assuming that you wont mind since a hardtail is a viable option in your mind.

if you are going to slug and weld a swing arm, you might as well slug and weld a hardtail. BUT, a really long stretched backend on a hardtail looks kind of dorky, a long stretched swing arm (what I guess they call bratstyle) looks pretty cool. One thing, if you have this huge empty section of frame in between the engine and the back tire it looks like something is missing-your cl is a engine/trans unit and compact-unlike a harley(except sporty) that has a trans that is not attached to the engine. This is just my 2 cents, and probably not really worth 2 cents.

ya i dont care about the ride its just going to be an around town bike anyway. i was looking torough the "coreys cb 360 bobber build" thread and that is pretty much the basic idea im going for. i dont plan on going as far as he is but in that dirrection. there is a video in that thread of an orange hardtail that is what i would shoot for if i did the hardtail

you have a single down tube, cut that sucker and add 2 inches to it, then add 4 inches to the swing arm. would completely change the look of the bike little rake little stretch = total custom

Back
Top Bottom