My cages - Porsche 924S and Subaru WRX

midgtmn

Hey all,

Given that I live in Rochester, NY, I can't exactly ride ALL year round, so I'm also a bit of a Subaru guy.

Just last summer I picked up this 2006 WRX:

In winter mode (2" lift and big tires)
IMAG0660.jpg

Summer mode:
2006WRX6.jpg

Mods include Rear Hotchkiss sway, Intake, Cat-back, Radio/subwoofer, HAM radio, Hella Fog/Driving lightbar, Thule rack, tuned.

LIGHT:
2006WRXP11.jpg

I also race autocross in my 1987 Porsche 924S, loads of fun!

IMG_5828.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

IMG_5829.jpg

Just looked up the FLR SCCA results page from the (sadly) one race I was able to make at SeAD last year, and saw I must have missed you there. No wonder the Porsche didn't look familiar! I also have a WRX (sort of, it's a 9-2x Aero), and am in Rochester. Perhaps I'll see you around, or rather, be blinded by you!

Hah I never got a chance to head out to SeAD unfortunately, so I must have missed you. I'll be doing pretty much every race this season given that they pretty much all are at RIT this year *facepalm*.

I've looked over a 9-2x before, they are pretty nifty. It basically just seemed like a facelift and higher quality interior over the normal Subie's. Oh and don't worry, I won't be blinding anyone - those lights are offroad only (ok.. some backroads too ;) )

The seats are different in the 9-2x, but I wouldn't really say higher quality at all. They stain extremely easily. Saab did pretty much nothing to make it nicer, except for some extra sound insulation above the spare tire, and under the shift boot.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be making it to many (if any) RIT events. The super high turnout (read: less seat time) makes the events less fun. If I do go, I'll look out for you!

Nice looking Scooby, throw some bright red mud flaps on the winter version and you'd be looking pretty mean. I love the rally lights!

There's a girl in my area that's got a black 9-2X with black wheels, exhaust, red mud flaps and red hood scoop insert, it's rare to see a modified Saab at all I'm sad they're not around anymore to "make" these.

Nice im not the only one with a WRX on here! Mine is an 02 not much done to it, i don't auto x mine mainly because it has over 150k on it and its my only ride so i need it in one piece. My brother has a 02 wrx as well and he auto-xes his but he can afford to fix his. And nice 924 as well iv always wanted a 944 don't know a lot about the 924's though. My dad has a old 1977 ford capri v6 that he raced SCCA IT road racing in he sold it 20 years ago and tracked it down and bought it back a few month back, and we are trying to get it back on the road as a auto-xer not a full on race car.

Anyway grate stuff man!

strech.jpg

Back
Top Bottom