"the Mooch"

A whole lot of logical fallacies up in this joint. LOL Hey canyoncarver, I hope your hot blonde wife and your hot blonde ex-wife don't get jealous over your jealousy over his supposedly hot blonde girlfriend that you probably have never seen before.

...and by all means, lets get back to the discussions about our eternally poorly checked government overreach.

By this point, I doubt most people even remember who the Mooch is without going back to the first post. LOL

I thought this was a moto forum lol, I love yall. Thanks for providing some lunchtime chuckles. You know you're in a sad place when you require so much online attention from strangers....poor guy.

VintageMBike said:
First of all, f*ck your stupid account of history. Ppl always trying to bring up a past to substantiate their bias.

Its childish, but common to men who are weak, and jealous. Im amazing and you cant stand it. I never liked you because youre weak in your emotions. Jealous. Probably saw my 5'11 blonde gorgeous model wife and got mad.

My response was completely rational and proportionate. Now worries though. I will leave this powderkeg lightning rod stupid post alone. I have better things to do with my time and I def dont enjoy talking to your dumb ass.

Adios

Stupid account of history...? You're the one who made that history with your actions. What does that make you? History doesn't make itself. Neither does the future. You made yours, own it. But you won't understand what I just said either. So consider this. DataDavid didn't say "libtard." he said "leftard." sure, it could be argued that the meaning is the same but for the sake of your mission in life to insult everyone who doesn't worship you while claiming to occupy a higher moral ground, maybe don't misquote?

Hopefully the last day's drama is water under the bridge, and back to the topic at hand.

Will middle and lower class Trump voters realize that they were scammed by the fake promise of a tax cut?

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/429515-the-memo-smaller-tax-refunds-hold-dangers-for-trump-gop

It might be a little mean to call them "suckers" but buying into what a charlatan is selling... It's difficult to decry it as "fake news" when prominent Republicans are saying things such as this:

"Even some Republican strategists argue that the refunds issue could be politically potent if it makes voters question the overall intent of the tax reform package.

“If you made the same amount of money this year as last year, and all your reductions are basically the same, and your refund is smaller after the so-called ‘middle class tax rebate’? You might think, ‘Gee, I was lied to,’ ” said GOP strategist Rick Tyler, who was the communications director for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) during the 2016 Republican presidential primaries."

Ouch.

If you made the same amount of coin, kept more, paid less in, wouldn't it be logical that one may get less back?

I haven't had a refund since about 2011, so, I'm a bit rusty on all that. What I'm paying in will certainly be less this year, though.

J-Rod10 said:
If you made the same amount of coin, kept more, paid less in, wouldn't it be logical that one may get less back?

I haven't had a refund since about 2011, so, I'm a bit rusty on all that. What I'm paying in will certainly be less this year, though.
That seems to be the biggest confusion for a lot of people. If your employer adjusted for less taxes, then your return will also be less. IMO, it's better to pay less taxes per month than to get a return in the spring. Why the hell do I want to loan the government almost 25% of my income every year and then get little in return?

J-Rod10 said:

irk miller said:
That seems to be the biggest confusion for a lot of people. If your employer adjusted for less taxes, then your return will also be less. IMO, it's better to pay less taxes per month than to get a return in the spring. Why the hell do I want to loan the government almost 25% of my income every year and then get little in return?

C'mon guys, think about it. Trump promised paying less in taxes, not paying less money in and getting less money back. Paying less money in and getting less money back is the status quo with a different withholding scheme. Trump didn't promise the status quo, he promised less taxes.

carnivorous chicken said:
C'mon guys, think about it. Trump promised paying less in taxes, not paying less money in and getting less money back. Paying less money in and getting less money back is the status quo with a different withholding scheme. Trump didn't promise the status quo, he promised less taxes.
Bit of semantics there. If less taxes were paid, and you kept more money, you paid less in taxes.

J-Rod10 said:
Bit of semantics there. If less taxes were paid, and you kept more money, you paid less in taxes.

I don't think that is why the GOP is worried. I guess if people in the middle class want to think they are benefiting despite evidence to the contrary that's their prerogative. And if they want to believe that giving huge tax breaks to the mega-wealthy somehow benefits them as well, there's nothing to stop them from believing that the moon is made of cheese.

carnivorous chicken said:
I don't think that is why the GOP is worried. I guess if people in the middle class want to think they are benefiting despite evidence to the contrary that's their prerogative. And if they want to believe that giving huge tax breaks to the mega-wealthy somehow benefits them as well, there's nothing to stop them from believing that the moon is made of cheese.

It depends on how the trends come out.
A lot of people will see a smaller refund, but ultimately take home more money because of less withholding.
Some people will in fact take home less money.

I'm curious to see overall how that plays out.

Personally as a manufacturer it's pretty much a wash. We get the 20% pass through income deduction but lost a 10% "made in america" deduction as well as several others that totaled about 10%.

SONIC. said:
It depends on how the trends come out.
A lot of people will see a smaller refund, but ultimately take home more money because of less withholding.
Some people will in fact take home less money.

I'm curious to see overall how that plays out.

Personally as a manufacturer it's pretty much a wash. We get the 20% pass through income deduction but lost a 10% "made in america" deduction as well as several others that totaled about 10%.
I've seen a lot of complaints that ended with "well, yeah I paid in a lot less, but I figured my refund would be the same."

Whole, whole lot of complaints from the taxillionaires. No money for down payments on trucks that the repo man is coming for round August.

Back
Top Bottom