Under the weather a bit.

surplus 6

Been Around the Block
to explain, I have cut/paste a post off my fb page below.

Now for what's happening right now. Last Thursday I collapsed like the proverbial sack of do-do. After 10 mins or so of looking at the ceiling (that reminds me I must paint the hall ceiling) my wife and daughter finally right me and sit me on the settee. All good. 111 phoned they suspect stroke as low power in right side. Off to Burton hospital where they scan me and decide nope I hadn't hadn't stroked.
I have cancer in right kidney a bit in the left lung 3-4 legions on my brain. These are affecting my balance as they're in that part, so steroids are helping to control this until they can zap it with radiology.
Tomorrow I go for a biopsy to see which organs cancer has spread to the other as this determines what treatment I receive.
Now if you're still reading thanks,
If you want to prey, have fingers crossed or raise a glass and wish me luck it will be much appreciated.

now I have had my biopsy and just awaiting results. so I'm going to keep looking forwards and maybe even get off my arse and go to Stafford show this year ;D

Sorry to hear man. Prayers your way. Keep your spirits high. I'm a firm believer that that is the best medicine

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow, you have my deepest sympathies.

A dear pal of mine has just won his battle with the big C .......same for you fella. 8)

thank you all, chin up and all that. I have no intentions of slipping away for a good few years yet.
whilst sitting here waiting for biopsy results, consultations etc time seems very slow.

so once I have the head zapped, and I have more walking/standing time and less feeling drunk I will be away to finish tidying my w/shop shed out. I have asked a mate who deals in bikes (mainly crossers and trials) to look around on his travels for a few bits for a project for me, to give my an aim to help me focus and the like.
so he's said he will, small engine suitable (or near) frame and anything he thinks is interesting.
If when I get anything I'll start a very slow build thread. money will be the biggest issue closely followed by good build time but as I've said I'm going nowhere for a while ;)
Tony

My own health issues are nothing compared to your own - but after feeling "why me" and selling some of my long term projects, I got back into my KZ project and that kept me focused [ 'ish ] during to times of deep depression whilst I was coping with the unknown.

Now my condition has stabilised [ past 9 months ] I'm even more determined to keep on with my project.

Keep at it young man. ;)

Hope you feel okay, the wife of a colleague is head nurse of a cancer unit here in Ipswich so I may be able to help with treatment questions, though it depends on the type of cancer.
Hopefully you'll make the Stafford show, I might be there depending on work.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

All the very best from the Titan boys Surplus......had two close friends get the same diagnosis in the last few years, and both had operations and treatment, and thankfully both been all clear for a good while now.

Titan performance said:
All the very best from the Titan boys Surplus......had two close friends get the same diagnosis in the last few years, and both had operations and treatment, and thankfully both been all clear for a good while now.
good news. yep I'm hoping to swell those ranks too

just to keep you all abreast had appointment through, this Thur 3pm radiotherapy. they're doing another CT scan and making my mask for the treatment. so happy days

all went well, mask made ct scan wearing the mask done, mask marked roll on Monday 1:30 and the same time tues-fri for the radiotherapy.

Back
Top Bottom