"the Mooch"

J-Rod10 said:
Tax evasion and such is one of those things. The federal government, the IRS, didn't know about it. In Manaforts case, for over a decade. How would anyone else?

I did get a laugh out of one of Cohen's charges. Failed to report the $30,000 profit made on a purse he sold online.

I think everyone else knows about it now because it's been in the headlines of newspapers and the lead story on the news. Tax evasion isn't just "one of those things." I pay my taxes and try to reduce what I have to pay, but I don't cheat. And I'm not wealthy; I could use some extra $. Maybe in their world I'm a "sucker." And Manafort was Trump's campaign chairman.

The purse charge is kind of funny. Out of curiosity, what do you think of the other $4 million that he didn't declare, avoiding some $1.4 million in taxes? What do you think about his admission that Stormy Daniels was paid off to avoid influencing the presidential campaign, and that payoff was lied about from Cohen and Trump?

I meant one of those things, as in nobody knows about it until they do. He got away with it for nearly a decade.

The FBI was investigating him as early as 2014. I didn't know about it then, did you?

Obviously, tax evasion is wrong. As far as what Cohen is saying. Maybe he's telling the truth. Maybe he's trying to save his own ass. If the truth, I'm sure there's some evidence to support it. He was a high powered attorney, he'd of known to hold on to things for a rainy day.

Time shall tell.

Attachments

• aw.JPG
    aw.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 578
If anyone had any doubts left about how much of a narcissistic, entitled, thin-skinned monster the current occupant of the White House is, I am guessing his behavior in the wake of John McCain's death has put them to rest. Seriously, how shitty can you get? I (likely obviously) didn't agree with a lot of McCain's policies while I lived in AZ, but the man was a war hero and served in the Senate for decades, working across the aisle.

NAFTA struck a fatal, and a much deserved, blow today.

New agreement in place with Mexico. Canada's turn to bend over now.

Kudos for ignoring the elephant in the room.

But before the backslapping starts, the proposed deal hasn't gone through, and Mexico and American industry representatives want Canada at the table. Maybe there will be an improvement in the terms of Nafta, maybe the deal will go through, maybe it won't, but to argue that getting another country to "bend over," as though international trade is a zero-sum game, is... Trumpian, to say the least. International trade thrives on mutual benefit, not zero-sum outlooks.

I assume you're talking about the flag.

He followed U.S. Flag Code. Day of death, and day after.

So I shouldn't have to tell you about Trump's reactions to McCain's death in general and not just the flag, nor the across-the-aisle condemnation of the application of common rules for what most people agree was a particularly uncommon man. Trump, by the way, reversed his order on the flag under pressure from Republicans, leaving you and likely a smattering of other people defending Trump's initial reaction as "US flag code" and ignoring common practice. Not even Trump stood by Trump's order on the flag. You'd also have to have your head in the sand -- or not really be getting your news from everywhere -- to be unaware of the history of slights Trump, a man who dodged the draft because of "bone spurs" but enabled by his wealth and privilege, has levelled at McCain, whose service and sacrifice doesn't need to be repeated here because you already know it.

John McCain, according to Trump, wasn't a war hero. "I like people who weren't captured."

Trump didn't mention John McCain's name until today, under pressure from Republicans and others. He sat stone faced with arms crossed as reporters asked him about McCain.

But hey, some people are gonna justify riding the Trump train no matter how shitty it gets, and refuse to admit how shitty Trump's behavior has been. Pretty amazing.

I didn't defend Trump. Simply stated the flag code was properly observed. It is what it is. Is it typical practice to sign a Presidential Proclamation extending it, most of the time, but not always.

If I didn't like somebody, I probably wouldn't go out of my way, either.

https://theintercept.com/2018/08/27/hold-the-plaudits-john-mccains-2008-campaign-paved-the-way-for-donald-trump/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 10.52.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 10.52.47 AM.png
    668.3 KB · Views: 181
The left hated McCain until 1.5 years ago. Much of what is said about Trump, in regards to racism, was said about McCain. The first time he spoke in opposition of Trump, he became beloved by all (the left).

J-Rod10 said:
I didn't defend Trump. Simply stated the flag code was properly observed.

Forgive me, but this disingenuous equivocating, and you know it.

J-Rod10 said:
The left hated McCain until 1.5 years ago. Much of what is said about Trump, in regards to racism, was said about McCain. The first time he spoke in opposition of Trump, he became beloved by all (the left).

As I stated earlier, I disagreed with most of McCain's policies, and didn't think much of his behavior as well. That doesn't preclude granting respect to someone after his death based on his personal history.

McCain also certainly had issues with race, but nowhere near the level of Trump. McCain once publicly scolded a woman who said she couldn't trust Obama because he was an Arab; I can't imagine Trump doing the same.

If you're going to throw away any previous convictions or sensible thinking and refuse to think critically about Trump, or god forbid criticize him, just own it.

Maybe I am incorrectly remembering him calling folks of a certain race, a term akin to the N word here, publicly. Refusing to apologize, and stating he would continue to call them that " 'Til the day I die." Didn't he also call his wife the big C, also publicly?

J-Rod10 said:
Maybe I am incorrectly remembering him calling folks of a certain race, a term akin to the N word here, publicly. Refusing to apologize, and stating he would continue to call them that " 'Til the day I die." Didn't he also call his wife the big C, also publicly?

He certainly did call his wife a cunt, by all accounts. Not racism, but nasty nonetheless. And he referred to his captors in North Vietnam as gooks, and said he would continue to refer to them until the day he died. Both absolutely shameful. I guess after five years or so of brutal torture at the hands of North Vietnamese captives, one can imagine not letting that go, which doesn't make it right. Was he referring to all Vietnamese? I don't think so, but you tell me. I for one am not going to play the who's-more-racist game with you. I'm just a little puzzled at your inability to criticize Trump for some seriously awful behavior and decisions.

Back
Top Bottom