TZR 125. Indicated speed 110mph. Estimated real speed?

Just wondering, fastest I have been on a machine under my own control was an indicated 110mph on my old TZR. This was down a hill, flat out, gearing unknown, whatever was on when I bought it. The highest number on the speedo was 100, but the needle was pointing where 110 would have been printed.

Any ideas how fast I was really going? I guess between 95 - 105, but it would be nice if somebody here could confirm or deny I was doing a ton :)

At stock gearing 10k RPM in 6th gear would be a hair above 90 MPH.

blsEoUG.png

Check out gearingcommander.com if you want to know more.

I haven't heard of a TZR 125 till now. 90 MPH for a 125cc! Maybe that's what there using in Taiwan for race bikes. Those bikes literally haul ass. Can you identify this bike?

Attachments

• fast.jpg
    fast.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 231
Things have moved on......a few years back I got my oldest son an Aprilia RS 125 Extrema, which is probably the ultimate 125. I collected the bike, and was shocked how easy it indicated 90mph with 250 lbs me on it. My lad is quite small, so it was going to go quicker with him piloting.
He came with me to the TT in 2008, and following on my R1, he clocked !00 mph 3 times on the mountain section.....all up hill ! Under ideal conditions, and down hill, he saw an indicated 115 mph. Having followed him at 100 up hill, I don't doubt it.

Attachments

• 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 185
That's a nice bike! The US distributors only seem to import the less exotic. The Honda CBR250R four cylinder, didn't make it here. 115 MPH for a 125cc is very impressive, love to own one.

That gearingcommander site is cool. It says that to be doing 100 on stock gearing engine would have to be at 11150. It was a long time ago, but I think it would rev that high with gravity assistance. Awesome.

Brings back memorys seeing that Appilia. Would go for the seven gear version of the Cagiva Mito myself, if I had more money. Still, a running bike is infinitely more powerful than a broken one, I have to keep telling myself, so will live with the CG :)

Back
Top Bottom