Tried to make some new friends at caferacer.net, what a joke!

Zedx

Joined caferacer.net to get some feedback and a project what a bunch of pricks and they don't think to highly of DTT so I thought I would join and share the thread, kinda funny

http://www.caferacer.net/forum/new-members-read-here/23058-hello-new-forum.html

"Information can be dealt out fairly harshly, but it comes from a wealth of experience and knowledge."

Then hand out knowledge in a mature manner and be nice about it. lol

haha no kidding. No help what so ever, well I did receive a little help only took 8 pages though....

looked at the picture of your bike looks clean put a muffler in the pipe and raise that front end back up you have it dangerously low

To be honest I have been on that site, but never use it simply because they are incredibly rude and arrogant.

Yes they may have good knowledge, but they certainly like to act like they are the kings of motorcycling.

I would never speak to people the way the members of that forum do on a regular basis, manners cost nothing and even if you do not like what somebody is doing, there is a way to speak to them without making them feel like an idiot.

There are several guys who know what they are talking about over there. However, the presentation of that knowledge is all wrong.

I would agree with something's about your ride BUT everyone's right in the way you can go about it ! They talk about upgrading everything what there not saying is above all else it needs to be safe to ride ! I do agree on how low it sits but thats easy to take care of ! What's makes me laugh is the fact you asked to see there bikes and only one showed you LOL and its a HD and only upgrade I see is body work unless I'm missing something !

they really hate when you call them out on their bullshit as well
they can dish it out but can't take it

I go on there once in a while but with the exception of a couple of guys there I take most of what's posted with a grain of salt. There are a couple of arrogant shits there. There are no land speed racers on there so I have very little to contribute there. My best laugh on there was when I was told that "America invented the pizza". I spent the next day waiting to be told that Honda invented motorcycles..

well, in all fairness, you did put up a post asking what people thought... if you didn't want the good with the bad, then maybe don't ask for feedback? they did point out a lot of functional issues that'll make the bike more for looking at and less for riding, and were responded to with "I'm not building it to be fast" so, if I were you, I'd probably try to figure out my objectives in posting a pic and request for feedback. also, you didn't ask any specific question, just requested feedback. I think the best way to get useful feedback is to ask a specific question to which you don't have an answer and consider the input given.

I'll bet if you posted something like: "my bike (model) has this weak spot under acceleration around 3-5k, but other than that runs okay, where should I start?" you'd probably get a good deal of information gathered from people with experience really working on bikes and you would have a good chance of fixing the issue.

the problem with handjob feedback is that often you receive it from people who know essentially squat about working on motorcycles, so other than a warm fuzzy, it's not much use

also, didn't have a chance to post a pic of my daily bike, but it's in my avatar and on a thread here. I also have built a cb750 spare engine for it using junk kz440 pistons, cb360 cylinder sleeves, home made bronze valve guides, and a cyclex cam, to go along with the frame mods, custom aluminum swingarm, home made fork clamps and zzr1200 front end swap, along with handmade alloy fairing, fender, tank, oil tank, etc etc

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=51216.msg626785#msg626785

DreadRock said:
....What's makes me laugh is the fact you asked to see there bikes and only one showed you LOL and its a HD and only upgrade I see is body work unless I'm missing something !

Why waste the effort. It was obvious that he didn't want to hear what was said. Everyone that responded to his thread has pictures and build threads on the site. It would take a couple of clicks to find threads started by each member and find them. Heck, my build thread is in my signature over there. And reading back over it, the only thing that isn't really covered in it is why I tossed the crappy pods, that the PO had bought, for K&N filters, but I covered that in the "pod thread" that I put in my first response to him. (which, by the way crazypj posted it, here, with my permission)

And yes, DreadRock, you are missing a whole lot on Marc's Harley. Not the least of which is a sub-400 lb weight.

I have a feeling he wanted to go over there and bait them and then post a thread here slamming them for taking the bait, it feels a bit rehearsed. It's like kicking someone's dog and not expecting to get bit.

Some forums can be brutal, no matter what you ask or what you post, you'll get slammed. I have a 2013 Sportster, "you pussy!, that's a girls bike". Oh I see, if it will beat your Pirate Barge, it's junk. Your not a biker until you go to Sturgis! Glad for that anyway, rather be a motorcyclist. If you don't ride a Suzuki, your stupid. That's not a motorcycle, that's a Kawasaki. I was told that once, standing in line for coffee, when the gal ask, if I was riding the Triumph. Yes, he was a Pirate, and I was riding the Kawasaki. When you go to a forum, then state a strong opinion about pod filters, because stock looks stupid, your setting yourself up.

DreadRock said:
I would agree with something's about your ride BUT everyone's right in the way you can go about it ! They talk about upgrading everything what there not saying is above all else it needs to be safe to ride ! I do agree on how low it sits but thats easy to take care of ! What's makes me laugh is the fact you asked to see there bikes and only one showed you LOL and its a HD and only upgrade I see is body work unless I'm missing something !
Maybe it's glasses you are missing. Show me another Harley Sportster that looks anywhere near what that one does or has the modifications. There's only about 10% of that bike that is H.D.
Sub 400lb, as in 332lbs to be exact, 1327cc's.
And for anyone that cares, Zedx actually said he liked it.

Back
Top Bottom