CM450: Take 2

Outstanding work - bet it'll be a hell of a lot of fun.

Thanks guys! Wanted to bump the pix. I always seem to post important pix right at the end of a new page.
2.3efi said:
X56uXSx.jpg

kPub9bU.jpg

dx5JKZM.jpg

Great job on this build, love to see such original approaches. How did the GPS speedo work out for you? Also, I think you should produce and sell those headlight plates. :)

Thanks again guys! Part of the odds and ends left is the battery box. The cdi is tucked up in the stock location. The battery will actually fit inside the bottom of the frame. I will be placing the regulator/rectifier and starter solenoid in a box in the recess behind the oil pan.

The exhaust is still loud, but sounds awesome. Well as awesome as a parallel twin can sound haha.

This is an amazing build. I've been drooling over the new pictures all morning. Congrats on nailing your rendering!

I have one question, and I know it misses the whole point of this build, but do you have any details on how you built the exhaust back when it was a hardtail? That's the way I want to do mine.

Congrats again, it looks freggin awesome.

DoTheTodd said:
This is an amazing build. I've been drooling over the new pictures all morning. Congrats on nailing your rendering!

I have one question, and I know it misses the whole point of this build, but do you have any details on how you built the exhaust back when it was a hardtail? That's the way I want to do mine.

Congrats again, it looks freggin awesome.

We were 18 and did a very poor job haha. With that said we had a 2.5 inch collector to a 3 inch out. We basically just gobbed weld on the stock pipes till they fit into the 2.5 collector. We covered the evidence of any wrong doing with a healthy dose of header wrap. Now take this info and make sure not to follow it!

In reality though, it shouldn't be hard to do it correctly. Just make sure you have a hanger on there. We didn't so it just kind of bounced around.

Not sure how I missed this one. :eek: Great work. I am thoroughly impressed.

You should think about mass producing that speedo. A lot of builders would love to not have any wires other than power running to a speedo.

What kind of bike was that burgundy tank that you had on earlier from? They both look great.

tsbigdog said:
Not sure how I missed this one. :eek: Great work. I am thoroughly impressed.

You should think about mass producing that speedo. A lot of builders would love to not have any wires other than power running to a speedo.

What kind of bike was that burgundy tank that you had on earlier from? They both look great.

Thanks! The tank was a cb500f tank. Would need to be widened underneath to fit properly.

Back
Top Bottom