DOHC CB750 chokes and dies on rev

manahmana

OK so I thought I saw this same exact issue on here a few months back but couldn’t find in in a search.

I’m finally finishing up a 82CB750 build just in time to put it away for the winter...

I got the bike up and running and everything seemed ok when I rode up and down the street. So I pulled the tank and went about cleaning up all the wiring etc...

I put the tank back on and fired it back up and everything seems ok until you open it up a little bit. I can rev the engine in neutral no problem. But as soon as I put it in any gear as soon as you get to about 4K RPM (that’s a guess, I haven’t hooked up the tach) the engine stalls out. It sometimes powers through and will come back on at 6k or so but then seems to starve and die again.

I am guessing it’s a fueling issue? I know this isn’t much to go on but just don’t know what the logical place to start troubleshooting is.

The fuel is feeding through an inline filter because the screen on the petcock was missing. I trashed the air box and the carbs were replaced with new Mikunis and pod filters.

Any thought on where to start? Appreciate any input!

Attachments

• 44E03F46-EFD0-4E0E-B9F5-EE2A95A4DCBF.jpeg
    44E03F46-EFD0-4E0E-B9F5-EE2A95A4DCBF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 192
Back
Top Bottom