Fuel resistant rattle can paint for bead blasted carb?

The first time I painted the engine...I did it assembled and didnt care for it. Risking chipping the edges when opening covers.

The second time I painted individual parts. Better for pulling covers.

trek97 said:
The first time I painted the engine...I did it assembled and didnt care for it. Risking chipping the edges when opening covers.

The second time I painted individual parts. Better for pulling covers.

Ah yes you painted the side covers too, that's right. I usually polish or paint separately anything that comes off semi-regularly to avoid that.

I just recommend assembling cases, jugs, head and rocker box before painting cuz all the cheap engine paint is brittle and chips when you torque your bolts down.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Anything that is not catalyzed (2K) will not hold up on carbs if you actually ride. The best option for carbs ,however, is powder coating.

Could just leave them bare aluminum like the manufacturer made them....?
Psy

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I think Gun Kote would be ideal for this scenario. its completely solvent resistant once baked on. i have poured acetone and and brake cleaner on it and it still looks brand new. also good to 500+ degrees. However it does not come in a spray can. You could buy some and take it to your local Sherwin Williams Automotive and have them put it in a spray can for you though.

Back
Top Bottom