Work / Shop Aprons / Tool Rolls

Re: Work / Shop Aprons

Joon-yah Bourelle said:
I'd prefer a simple apron with very minimal pockets.

I actually have a photo of Joon here in his apron:
lady+can+cook.jpg

In all seriousness, I need one.
What kind of price are we talking on the nicer one and the welding one?

Sonreir said:
It might be cool to have an embroidered ruler across the front. I'm forever having to locate where I left my measuring tape and I would be nice to just hold something up to my stomach. ;D

Thats a cool idea, maybe upside down at the bottom of the apron, that way you could put it up on a bench if needed or hold it up to something you needed a rough measurement on. I do have a machine with this kind of capibility.

I'm going to start this style at $60.

Not sure on the welders apron yet, need to pick a fabric..

Thanks for all the suggestions, keep 'em coming!

SONIC. said:
I actually have a photo of Joon here in his apron:
lady+can+cook.jpg

In all seriousness, I need one.
What kind of price are we talking on the nicer one and the welding one?
That's not fair,it was Thanksgiving!!

Bozz said:
Another thing I noticed is that the central lower pocket has been divided but is large enough for things to get lost in it.
This is a bad idea, for the last thing I need is more places to loose tools. I loose them all over my shop anyway.

If you leave the central pocket in tact and square, and then add the smaller pocket inside the larger pocket it might work better. (think jeans with the watch pocket)

Good point, my thought with the seperation from those mini pockets was that you could put a wrench or ratchet there without it tipping over, I do see your point thought. Making the top mini pocket internal might be a better way to go.

Thank you.

This in waxed-cotton looks perfect to me. I'll be ordering one, and maybe a welding one later. :)

As much time as I spend on my mill/lathe I should wear one, but I don't.

Looking forward to seeing what you do for welding.

J-Rod10 said:

I'm leaning toward Nomex, but a few people have told me they use waxed canvas and prefer it because of its weight.

I've decided not to purchase pre-waxed canvas and will be waxing it myself to ensure that even the thread is waxed. Some of the pre-waxed canvas has turpentine in the wax, which instead of reducing the flammability of the canvas, obviously increases it. I plan to use a wax blend with a high melting point and no oils to reduce flammability of the material.

Some welding sleeves would be really cool.

I rarely wear aprons but every time I weld I'm in short sleeves and I end up burning the piss out of myself.
Just a couple sleeves, maybe with a strap to strap them together over your neck would be awesome.

Work / Shop Aprons

J-Rod10 said:

A big no-no to wear a shop coat, apron or gloves on a lathe, so you have it right so far! ;)

SONIC. said:
Some welding sleeves would be really cool.

I rarely wear aprons but every time I weld I'm in short sleeves and I end up burning the piss out of myself.
Just a couple sleeves, maybe with a strap to strap them together over your neck would be awesome.

I'll keep that in mind a little down the road, welding sleeves would not be very difficult to produce. I've been a user of welding sleeves and think they all look pretty silly. The 3 or 4 types I've used have had elastic on both ends and are made of an absolutely non-breathable material, so I practically pour the sweat out of them when done welding. :-\

Follow me on Instagram @StrongOriginsCo

StrongOrigins.com coming soon.. I hope to be taking orders in a week or two.

Took a few days of sample testing to nail down the wax mix, but I'm very happy with the end results:

Back, showing solid brass hardware:

Should have a site up for ordering in the next two days.

Back
Top Bottom