Project Ground Pounder -1981 Suzuki DR500

Well there ya go! Buttoned up a few loose ends this morning like adding my year matching license plate and fixing the oil leak around the wire grommet on the stator cover with some RTV. Checked the tire pressure and added the cotter pin for the rear axle before I forgot! She started right up. After a couple of passes I found out with a plug chop that it was running pretty rich so I dropped down the main jet and ended up at a 140. Screams like a bat out of hell! It stops well, starts well, all electrics are working, and overall I’m pretty well pleased with the finished product. Super fun bike! As small and light as it is, it feels like a bicycle with a motor. The ride is actually pretty plush for a hardtail. I’m calling this one a win!

154c2f5614ba5ccad01177f5af2c409f.jpg

https://youtu.be/nfApXqXcWzA

never checked this thread before and i don't know what i was expecting but it sure as hell wasn't that

awesome work, looks cool as hell and something completely different

now i'm going to have to back through all 22 pages and see how it happened

spotty said:
never checked this thread before and i don't know what i was expecting but it sure as hell wasn't that

awesome work, looks cool as hell and something completely different

now i'm going to have to back through all 22 pages and see how it happened

Hey thanks Spotty! I documented most of it in here. It turned out basically how I imagined it over the past 7 or so years, but of course evolved on its own the way these things do. That’s part of the fun. Thanks for checking in man!

Dude, that's a beautiful and sweet bike. Tons of details, great build, congrats, nice vision 8) !!!

Back
Top Bottom