kz750 twin....bratstyle/cafe bastard (strap on sally) phase 1 complete

Re: kz750 twin....dirty ratty bratty bobber (engine sound video now up!)

made my 4th led dummy light /dash combo for this bike.....
rvf400 piston...

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 396

That idiot light bracket is fucking awesome! Love the idea of using the piston head. Oh and the rest of the bike is pretty damn sweet also.

cyclefreak said:
That idiot light bracket is fucking awesome! Love the idea of using the piston head. Oh and the rest of the bike is pretty damn sweet also.

thanks mate.... i have a few old pistons laying around i have thought about making some brakelights, and speedo/tach combos out of them too!

heres the cheeky lil fender i made.......
for legality reasons....

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 415

another

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    941.3 KB · Views: 404
Re: kz750 twin....dirty ratty bratty bastard bobber (front fender mounted)

Man, I love this bike!!! My first bike was a 79 KZ750 twin back in 83 when I was 18. Wishing lately that I still had it. This build is one of the reasons.

I will look back thru the thread and see if it's there, but what seat is that? I am working on a KZ1100 now and that seat would be perfect for the look I want.

Tim

Good to see some new posts Sinbad. That fender is pretty f'n cool.

Liking that piston LED bezel...
Along the same lines, somewhere I remember seeing an exhaust hanger make from a old connecting rod. 8)

I like the john deere tach.......................kewl

Nice looking bike over all too...

What air filters are u running? Also what rejecting if any did you have to make. I'm diggin the gas sight line

Brilliant bike bud! nice work. And i may still that piston idea for leds if u dont mind ;)

SlowRoad said:
Man, I love this bike!!! My first bike was a 79 KZ750 twin back in 83 when I was 18. Wishing lately that I still had it. This build is one of the reasons.

I will look back thru the thread and see if it's there, but what seat is that? I am working on a KZ1100 now and that seat would be perfect for the look I want.

Tim

tim the seat is a nitroheads......
one of there sr bratstyle seats.... it fits pretty nicely.... the hoop i used was also for an sr.... but i stretched it out to match this frame..

diggerdanh said:
Good to see some new posts Sinbad. That fender is pretty f'n cool.

thanks mate.... at first i thought it was too short, but it has really grown on me.....(very punny haha i know)

thanks for all the kind words fellas.... it really does push me to keep on raising the bar....

hoosier; i love the idea of the connecting rod hanger....any kind of recycling like that floats my boat....
inspire me, what can i make a new sidestand out of.... i have thought of a ringspanner

Ritz cracker said:
What air filters are u running? Also what rejecting if any did you have to make. I'm diggin the gas sight line

they are k&n elongated pods.... they have the filter wraps on them.....thats why they look different.
i havent yet had it rejetted.... but i havent ridden it since the pods...
i will be getting it dialled in on the dyno...
if they cant get a nice and clean air/fuel then ill get some mikuni wm36's and call it a day.

thanks for all the kind words fellas.... it really does push me to keep on raising the bar....

hoosier; i love the idea of the connecting rod hanger....any kind of recycling like that floats my boat....
inspire me, what can i make a new sidestand out of.... i have thought of a ringspanner

ritzcracker:
they are k&n elongated pods.... they have the filter wraps on them.....thats why they look different.
i havent yet had it rejetted.... but i havent ridden it since the pods...
i will be getting it dialled in on the dyno...
if they cant get a nice and clean air/fuel then ill get some mikuni wm36's and call it a day.

thanks again

Re: z750 twin....brat.... a slow evolution

sinbad85 said:
yo damarble send us a link to your build??? cheers bloke

so it was an eventful day today.....

some of the goodies i picked up from my machinist......
any guesses???
IMG_0657.jpg

mounted the clip-ons........(fucking chinese gave me bolts too long....the one that secures the bar nipped into the fork and snapped {ferk} crisis averted......i easy-outted the bastard.......then replaced all chinese bolts with APPROPRIATE LENGTH stainless allen heads.....
IMG_0655.jpg

then got my beautiful lady to check the stance for me.....
IMG_0651.jpg

looks ridable

cant wait for tommorro day toolin'
gotta have a big clean up too........its abit of a joke

hey don't remove that pic of your girl, she's a beauty. the bike and the girl. now that the inappropriate comments are out of the way, what controls are you using? I really like them

Just read through the whole build. Nice looking so far. Any updates?

Love this bike! Looking tuff mate.

was wondering after you changed to pod filters and straight pipe, did you have to rejet the carb and retune?

Back
Top Bottom