What's she worth?

charliepgt

Hi, just got offered this beauty

unfinished 1980 CB750K it has 998 duc front and rear suspension and wheels, engine's running but there's no seat, no rear brake and no chain.

16329100827_300185d53d_z.jpg

15892434864_a2d377012e_z.jpg

Probably worth nothing if it doesn't have a title.

There's still a lot of work to do - and if you have to get it inspected by an engineer it's probably not worth the hassle.

has a clean title, and I can do all the work needed to get it finished, have the tools, time and knowledge but don't know if it's worth investing time and money to it

Well, I guess it depends on what $$$ you're buying it for. And what you need to do to get it on the road where you live.

If you have to get it inspected by an engineer because of the frame mods it could be a world of pain.

It's hard to tell from those pictures, but the biggest issue seems to be the geometry. That seat is so high, I have to believe that swingarm droop is excessive, and rake & Trail may be too far out of the box to work. That needs to be checked first.

And the upper shock linkage attachment points look suspect. It may be the way the pictures were taken, but that stuff needs to be checked carefully.

Curious how the rear suspension set up works.

On a stock configuration, the shock is near a 90° angle from the swingarm mount.

I'm in the process of doing an 82 now. I am finishing up the exhaust on it in the next few days, and she'll be on the road. though, I'll not call it a "café racer," she's a bar hopper.
20141008_213015_zpsosyy43gp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom