Care to share a little inspiration?

Drewski said:
A tastfully modded Classic Gixxer. 8)

SNIP.....

Ya, I know. It's worth more in original trim, but I like it!! ;D It stirs something in me. :D

Agreed. Drewski, I like that bike more than you might realize! ;)

TZ750 in an SR500 frame.....

]
dscf0574_zps03783a00.jpg

Re: Re: Care to share a little inspiration?

teddpage said:
OMG AN AJS 7R!!! One of the most gorgeous bikes ever in my opinion...
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers Ted! If you like that I'll share one of my all time favorites with the forum...
AJS E95 "Porcupine"
1954-AJS-E95-Porcupine-3.jpg

BIGporcupine.jpg

Big Rich said:
Agreed. Drewski, I like that bike more than you might realize! ;)

Is that YOURS Big Rich?? :eek: ;D

I swiped that pic off eBay a while back. Were you the seller? Buyer? ;)

Hoofhearted said:
Is that Ianucci's porcupine?

There were only 3 made IIRC so it has to be Rob's, or George Barber's or? Does Virgil Ellings own the other? I remember an article "somewhere" where Rob I was talking about lending parts to someone to replicate them to complete a bike but I remember none of the details.

I thought Sammy Miller had one. I vaguely remember a bit of a blow up over one. Details are too vague but one of the porcs was supposed to be "funny". Wrong bits, no internals etc. Sure wish CRS hadn't set in.

Drewski said:
A tastfully modded Classic Gixxer. 8)

Ya, I know. It's worth more in original trim, but I like it!! ;D It stirs something in me. :D

Thank you for that... seriously ;)
I have an '87 750 in the wings, and I've toying with the idea of a suspension upgrade. Along with a 450cc bump in displacement :D

teazer said:
There were only 3 made IIRC so it has to be Rob's, or George Barber's or? Does Virgil Ellings own the other? I remember an article "somewhere" where Rob I was talking about lending parts to someone to replicate them to complete a bike but I remember none of the details.

I believe that Pseudo one was the supposed forth. I believe the one in the pic was at Carlisle... but I thought there was two on display at Barber Museum.

IMAG1842.jpg

And maybe not a Brough Superior but how about a 1924 Montgomery-Anzani in 1600 x 879 http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lVCC9aDALT4/SMbVB0q6OsI/AAAAAAAADf0/mZCb_4lTgq4/s1600/montgomery.bonhams.jpg

montgomery.bonhams.jpg

Back
Top Bottom