Care to share a little inspiration?

deviant said:
Nesbitt is a glorified narcissist and needs to get out of his bubble. He's the motorcycle version of Roman Polanski and this machine is just another Pirates.
i don't know him well enough to know that. I can tell you he came across private and slightly eccentric and took the time to explain his bike to my son...Didn't they call Britten a narcissist also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d5d339606a2fc15a5dcdeac092771268.jpg
any guy that tries to save a dropped beer can't be all bad ;)

89a4e80742ee2469fab966c34c65084d.jpg

Texasstar said:
i don't know him well enough to know that. I can tell you he came across private and slightly eccentric and took the time to explain his bike to my son...Didn't they call Britten a narcissist also?

Many brilliant artists are probably considered narcissistic, no doubt. And there certainly is something to be said for someone giving the time to your son. As a teacher, I certainly appreciate that. But his sense of history and in his justifying his own piece seems a bit narrow. I will appreciate anyone who is willing to put themselves out there to save a beer. To this day I boast of my father's ability to fall down a set of stairs without spilling his beer. As far as the cantilever thing, I've always questioned any suspension as a cantilever. It's certainly a loose definition, as a cantilever is a rigid structure. For two-wheeled machines, look to the old Scwhinn Stingray for the cantilever design in a frame.

deviant said:
Many brilliant artists are probably considered narcissistic, no doubt. And there certainly is something to be said for someone giving the time to your son. As a teacher, I certainly appreciate that. But his sense of history and in his justifying his own piece seems a bit narrow. I will appreciate anyone who is willing to put themselves out there to save a beer. To this day I boast of my father's ability to fall down a set of stairs without spilling his beer. As far as the cantilever thing, I've always questioned any suspension as a cantilever. It's certainly a loose definition, as a cantilever is a rigid structure. For two-wheeled machines, look to the old Scwhinn Stingray for the cantilever design in a frame.
totally agree... I have Michelangelo's book of poetry and he laments being narcissistic and using his gift to exalt himself...I try to see the good in all because this life is otherwise too piss poor if you don't. Zeke is more impressed with Junior Burrell because of his character and humility. I do judge a person on whether or not they drink lite beer and JT lost a few points in my book for doing so but I just assumed he was buying them for someone else...life is too short to drink lite beer :) I must confess I drank my first Miller High Life this weekend but it was free and wasn't lite...I miss my Stingway springer it was stolen at the end of my paper route...sorry sob's :)

wheelying%2Bpast%2BDucati1.bmp

I hate that it took me this long to see the documentary. The bike is as much an inspiration as the the guy who built it. For someone like us, building in his garage with a group of pals, to take on the factory teams is nothing short of amazing.

deviant said:

I hate that it took me this long to see the documentary. The bike is as much an inspiration as the the guy who built it. For someone like us, building in his garage with a group of pals, to take on the factory teams is nothing short of amazing.
one of Zeke's Heroes
d3d86b91b4dbf312afd047afc5dafd24.jpg
we watch the documentary over and over deviant...you should check out Simo's build on DTT another Kiwi...

Redbird said:
Since "All would be revealed" after Vintage Fest, this is what was/is happening...

I need a new helmet, but none of the modern designs were catching my eye. So one day, my Jamie James replica helmet caught my attention. Long story short, I purchased a solid yellow helmet and commissioned this cool kid with an amazing talent to recreate it. Unfortunately life got in the way and I wasn't able to take delivery at Vintage Fest. But I'll let y'all in on a preview, and a damn cool turn of events...
The "original" replica:
IMG_4756_zps4684b178.jpg

IMG_4758_zpsd95ed242.jpg

And this is where the Replica replica stood as of the evening of 10/11:
IMG_4907_zpsfbb7d1f0.jpg

As for the "Damn cool turn of events"?
Saturday evening at Kileys, after discussing the helmet, one of the guys there mentioned that Mr. James was at the track racing this weekend. So Sunday I went walking the paddock in search of the man. And I found him...
FullSizeRender_zps4ade8bf2.jpg

We talked for a few. I told him of the project, and asked for his permission to proceed. Not only did he give his blessing, but he offered to autograph it next time he's down this way at NOLA Motorsports Park.
This made my weekend ;D

deviant said:

Yeah every time I watch that wheelie past the Ducati, I have a moment.

Working towards building something similar to this:

Attachments

• steel-bent-customs.jpg
    steel-bent-customs.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 4,556
ISR makes some super nice stuff. Have you seen his hubs? Reasonably priced for made to order as well. I just bought a set of custom disks from Acke.

IMG_0172_zps7710457e.jpg

I'm liking what the Ausies did with this 350...seat/tank especially

Attachments

• 1971 CB350.jpg
    1971 CB350.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 229
Man, how much better would that look and handle if it had decent and properly sized tires on it. The drop center Harley 16" rear rim looks out of place and the massive tire they had to run to make up the difference in wheel size is just dumb (besides the fact they fell into the Firestone trap).

Function > Form and the fender clearance and tires scream FORM which just ruins it.

But I do like the rest - definitely salvageable :) And who am I to criticize - I've got 3 unfinished projects staring at me.

Tim said:
Man, how much better would that look and handle if it had decent and properly sized tires on it. The drop center Harley 16" rear rim looks out of place and the massive tire they had to run to make up the difference in wheel size is just dumb (besides the fact they fell into the Firestone trap).

Function > Form and the fender clearance and tires scream FORM which just ruins it.

But I do like the rest - definitely salvageable :) And who am I to criticize - I've got 3 unfinished projects staring at me.
I was thinking something similar, but only for the front. I had a '77 GoldWing with a 16" rear (instead of 18") that handled great. The fat front - maybe good for gravel?

Back
Top Bottom