APRIL 2013 DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Vote vote vote!

Nominees - if you want a different pic in the poll just shoot me the link.

Post up your stories, pics - convince people to vote for your bike. No negative campaigning - convince me to vote for you, not to not vote for someone else.

The Suzuki gets my vote. I urge anyone overlooking it because it's not the shiniest to read through the build thread http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=12787.0. The engineering work gone into it is very impressive. It's a truly unique machine.

Yeah suzuki gets my vote too. The work that has gone into this bike is amazing, and it is all done by the guy that is riding it not a shop that does this for a living. Great to see.

roman_dog said:
Didn't we have 4 nominees?

The CBX was eliminated because it has too many cylinders.

;)

Actually, the owner is MIA. He needed to accept the nomination in order for his bike to qualify. :) Too bad, because it's a cool bike with a cool build story. 8)

Maybe next month! :D

GT gets my vote also, no bling or rose tinted paint job........looks like its ridden and built by a bloke in his man cave, not off the shelf A+

Heres a quick story of the suzuki:

I picked up the bike(my first motorcycle) about 4 years ago.

SDC16996.jpg

After a few months of troubleshooting and disassembly, I ended up a road worthy bike:

14-1.jpg

15-2.jpg

Over the last few years my skills have grown exponentially, and the bike has grown with me through those years. The fuel injection project, among other accomplishments, has pushed me into things I've never thought I could do and has helped me bridge the gap between vintage and modern technology. Thanks for the votes.

DSC02173_zps3e8ebe91.jpg

DSC021451_zpsd774d413.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

DSC012431.jpg

I just wanted to post up a little info on the cm400. All of the work on the bike was done by yours truly except for the paint and a couple small things I will get too.
The frame was modified, I cut out the whole rear sub frame and made new to give the classic cafe racer look. The seat pan and hump were made by myself out of fiberglass. I made the carb spacers and upper triple trees on my Bridgeport, although I did have to give the upper tree to a friend of mine to put all the rounding cuts on the tree. I built the exhaust from scratch using the stock headers. I hand formed the knee indents In the gas tank. I spoked and trued both wheels. There is probably 10 different brackets that I made and used to mount different things. The rear sets were taken off a zx-7 and modified to work, brake light switch and all linkages were made myself. And of course disassembly and reassembly.
What I did not do myself was paint and prep for paint, powder coating, and motor reassembly. I also had a friend that is a wiring wizard help with laying out a custom wiring harness.

That's it off the top of my head and about a thousand little things. This is the first bike that I built under my business name. And many have asked why a cm400. The reason is simple. I wanted to show what I could do to a totally generic bike. I figured if I could build a nice bike out of a cm400 then I could do even better with a better starting platform.
And up next is a 75 Suzuki t500. I love 2 strokes too!

Shamus,
You will have to pardon my adversion to some paint jobs that would do well on a chopper or sum such, rather than a Cafe Street Racer (raw metal every time for me). All power to those who spend the time, money or effort in producing some of the stunning paint jobs I've seen recently though and its down to the interpretation of the builder of course ....horses for couses as they say.....

Rose Tinted Paint Job , by that I mean missmatched to the bike or unnessesary to the theme...not implying any bike in particular, just noting that the GT hasn't got that look, hence my vote.

Cheers

It,s the suzi for me #1 its got fuel injection ;) #2 was built by a very talented young man, shit all my bike are older then him :eek: #3 it,s got fuel injection OH and #4 the fuel injection 8)

Once again, all great bikes this month. Bikes I would own and ride. However, I can't own 'em all. Just the Mongrel!! :D

The Mongrel's story has been told several times already with pics and video. I'll attach the link to the build thread for you to check out if you wish. :)

Love it or hate it... there's really no middle ground with this one... 8)

Thanks to my brothers who appreciate what we have here. I am truly humbled by your enthusiasm! :)

Thank you all for participating in BOTM!

Build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=5411.0

MCR said:
Shamus,
You will have to pardon my adversion to some paint jobs that would do well on a chopper or sum such, rather than a Cafe Street Racer (raw metal every time for me). All power to those who spend the time, money or effort in producing some of the stunning paint jobs I've seen recently though and its down to the interpretation of the builder of course ....horses for couses as they say.....

Rose Tinted Paint Job , by that I mean missmatched to the bike or unnessesary to the theme...not implying any bike in particular, just noting that the GT hasn't got that look, hence my vote.

Cheers

I wasn't calling you out or anything, I genuinely didn't understand what you meant.

Drewski, I love your bike. You've had my vote several times now. Does that mean I get to ride it? ;)

Definitely some real beautiful machines. As always, yinz should be proud of yourselves no matter the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom