MAY 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOMINATIONS

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the Nomination Rules:

1. Nominate one of our members' bikes for Bike of the Month - include up to 3 flattering pictures of the bike in question. This is an opportunity to recognize someone who's bike has inspired you. So please don't nominate your own bike - make sure you have a well detailed build thread, post up in the Show n Shine area etc. and if enough people like your bike, someone will nominate it and maybe you'll see it as our banner in an upcoming month!

The Nomination MUST be accompanied by the member's User Name, a link to the thread where their bike is best described (Build thread, Show n Shine etc.) and a PHOTO of the bike in question.

2. Someone seconds the nomination (please only second one nomination)

3. Member MUST accept the nomination - If you're nominating a bike, make sure you're in contact with the owner, that they want the bike included and they accept the nomination. The Nominee should provide some back-story on the project, especially if there is a limited build thread already in place.

4. Bike must be in running roadworthy condition - no basket cases. I know our bikes are never really 'finished' but it should be on the road and roadworthy.

5. If a bike has been nominated and participated in the previous month's contest it should not be included in the current month's contest. Skip a month and nominate in a subsequent month.

6. Bikes that have won in prior contests should not be included unless they have been modified significantly.

We will accept nominations for a few days till we have a good selection to a limit of 5 bikes per contest.

A poll will be set up and voting will take place for a week or so depending on timing. Whoever ends the voting period with the most votes wins :D

Ultimately the voters will decide!

As a reward, we will use a picture of the winner's bike on the site banner for the following month.

I'd like to renominate Joeschuits Suzuki GT250. It would've gotten my vote last month if it weren't for the Mongrel ;)

Build thread: http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=12787.0

Pic:
DSC022541_zpsaf6a99b3.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm ready this month. I'll post up some videos of it screaming down the backroads, once I playwith the mapping and the snow stops.

Not to be a stickler, but as a rule we try to skip a month for bikes that were part of a contest. (Rule #5). So hang tight with the GT250 and if you like come back for the June contest.

Let's get some of the nominees in here to 'accept' their nominations. We have 3 bikes so far. Close to being ready to vote if we can cinch them down.

Thanks to Danejurrous and Two-Smoker 8) Accepted. I'll get some fresh pics up this weekend.

Dec

When I started this "Garage Therapy" project ...a Vintage Style Influenced Cafe it was about the road traveled ...Never did I expect it to end up here as an acceptance of a nomination for BOTM. Looks like I need to get some better pics taken.

Just to be Nominated along such NICE bikes is amazing.

Gary, Thanks so much for putting me up for Nomination, and Brother True Punk even tho you sold your 400 thanks for the 2nd. Rich, the vision Always was Drums n Spokes.

Attachments

• Build (118)b.jpg
    Build (118)b.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 804
Drewski said:
Oh baby, another Triple!! And a sweet one at that!! :D 8)

What are you trying to say Drewski, that yours and Trevors are turds?!

It was a hard decision to sell my CM but I actually ended up making money on it as well as getting a lot of interest in the bike fast, it sold in a week so I guess I did something right. It went for my asking price so it took out a lot of the sting and should get my 750 on the road sooner, rather than later. It was a great bike to learn to ride on as well as fabricate stuff for, I feel spoiled now with all of the bolt on parts available for CB750's. I have to thank you though for your "So you bought a CM400/CB400" thread as well as your bike build because they gave me a lot of inspiration along the way and showed me you can take the ugly out of the CM, I probably wouldn't have even bought it if I didn't stumble upon DTT. Good luck, your CM deserves it.

Guys, I gladly accept!!!!
Thank you for the nominations. Let me put up some pictures that show the finished product.
Thanks again

Jens

Back
Top Bottom