JULY 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is mostly copy/pasted from my last bike of the month voting page. A quick list of some of the modifications done on the bike.

Wiseco 6th over pistons, an actual 336cc:

Complete yamaha rz350 frontend:

Yamaha rz350 rear wheel,caliper, brackets:

Beefed up lower shocks:
1-4.jpg

3-1.jpg

9.jpg

cnc machining new upper tripple:
DSC00044.jpg

Machined and welded aluminum headlight ears:
DSC01187.jpg

Suzuki gn400 swingarm narrowed with new shock and brake mounts. Extends + 4".
DSC00142.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

Machined oil cap with remington 35 casings, along with the fabricated oil tank
DSC01150.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

DSC01161.jpg

Machined new bearing dust cover:
DSC01188.jpg

DSC01190.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

Machined VR tach sensor case. I actually went out and bought 10 rounds of 12gauge slugs to get the brass heads because all I had were nickel plated. And yes, I did shoot them all rambo syle.
DSC01570.jpg

DSC01585.jpg

DSC01586.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01688.jpg

Machined bullet style led tail light:
DSC01816_zpsb546bdf6.jpg

DSC01831_zps5e300678.jpg

DSC01832_zps579b53d3.jpg

DSC01837_zpsba0ce653.jpg

cnc cut my own wood seat plug, pulled a mold off, and fiberglassed the seat:
DSC01143-1_zps01ba59f6.jpg

Picked up an oldschool sewing machine and learned upholstery.
DSC01851_zpsd8187fb6.jpg

DSC01862_zps5f90134b.jpg

DSC01864_zps314dfcde.jpg

Some sheetmetal header work:
DSC02004_zps80fe7012.jpg

DSC02025_zps2a2c2f70.jpg

DSC02104_zps20063089.jpg

Chambers:

Rear exhaust hangar:

I'm sure I'm missing a few things but this should cover most of it. Thanks, Joe

Junior Burrell said:
here is what she souds like,cold start btw.

That exhaust is boss and the aluminium fairing is the bizz-nizz!

Constructive criticism goes in the middle of the feedback sandwich. So why pods on the CV carbs? I can hear the hesitation in the revs as if it's taking a moment to catch a breath. And straight pipes are known as drag pipes because they only act right at the highest RPM's. Put some resistance in that thing. Maybe snuff-or-nots?

Say mate, I work around Texas often. I'm spending some time in Dallas here and there. Maybe we can help with eachother's builds. You have my vote. Treasure it. Never forsake it.

Redliner said:
That exhaust is boss and the aluminium fairing is the bizz-nizz!

Constructive criticism goes in the middle of the feedback sandwich. So why pods on the CV carbs? I can hear the hesitation in the revs as if it's taking a moment to catch a breath. And straight pipes are known as drag pipes because they only act right at the highest RPM's. Put some resistance in that thing. Maybe snuff-or-nots?

Say mate, I work around Texas often. I'm spending some time in Dallas here and there. Maybe we can help with eachother's builds. You have my vote. Treasure it. Never forsake it.
Cool n thanks,hit me up when youre here.

trek97 said:
+1 the rearsets do it for me.
Thanks brother, btw the rear seat are a cm400 oil pump and a pocketbike transmission. Found this vid of the night i finished the fairing. She runs a lil better once she's warmed up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtW7e7QTjFA&feature=player_detailpage

Really top class builds this month.

Lupo is a sweet bikeand I'd love in my garage.

The paint on the KZ is fantastic and I love those bug bruisers

As for Green and the GT the engineering and attention to detail are simply amazing.

I cant decide yet.

Congrats Junior! Nice build, nice win! 8)

To the rest... you'll be there down the road! All really nice bikes! :D

Congrats to Junior. You got a 69! To all the others, well done as well. all bikes I have followed and really like and like Drewski said. You likely will all get there one of these months.

With all the awesome bikes this month its truely humbling to win. Huge thanks to everyone that voted and showed support/help through the build. Really means a lot coming from ya'll. Thanks again!!

My vote went to junior, but I don't think anybody should think that the fairing was really the winning factor. It's a great piece and completely transforms the bike's form and flow, but it's the engineering that did it for me, and there was almost an excess of that!

It's all great work and I'm sure all are equally appreciated for what they are.

Back
Top Bottom