"the Mooch"

This type of comment does not belong here. I believe in free speech but this is hatefuland if it were up to me, I would ban this individual.

<Post cleaned up by your friendly neighborhood admin.>

CrabsAndCylinders said:
This type of comment does not belong here. I believe in free speech but this is hatefuland if it were up to me, I would ban this individual.

<Post cleaned up by your friendly neighborhood admin.>

Agreed, don't know why he is still here.

Never a dull news cycle!

Yesterday the president tweeted an acknowledgement that Russian meddling helped him win the election (then, after realizing what he had said, he deleted it -- but of course the tweet lives on).

Yesterday the administration admitted that it asked the Navy to move the USS John McCain from the port in Japan so it wouldn't be in any photos with the president, and servicemembers serving on the ship, with their ship's name as part of their insignia, were banned from attending the president's speech -- they were actually turned away when they tried to go to it.

And of course Mueller, prefacing his statements that he cannot indict a sitting president and then saying that they could not conclude that the president was not guilty of obstruction. Republicans continue to insist this is the same thing as saying he is innocent.

And the deceased Republican strategist Thomas Hofeller, who was a major architect of gerrymandering strategy, had promoted a question about citizenship on the census as a way to more effectively gerrymander and cement Republican control in places such as Texas. Lower courts denied the administration's attempt to include the question, which would suppress minority and (legal) immigrant (citizen) responses, but the Supreme Court is considering it and is expected to issue a ruling in June.

We try to keep this forum fairly open to any and all. That can sometimes lead to a difficult balance because we want people to have a free platform to discuss their points of view, but at the same time we want these forums to be a welcoming environment for others to join an participate.

In this instance, one of our users has infringed upon the latter half of our goals and a little damage control was necessary.

So to everyone who is still here and not banned: Please do feel free to voice your thoughts and opinions, but please do take into account how your speech may reflect on the community as a whole and whether or not you are creating the kind of environment where everyone feels free to join in, without fear of discrimination. Also, if the admins have had to provide warnings and you've chose to ignore them, that's only going to lead down one road...

carnivorous chicken said:
Agreed, don't know why he is still here.

Often wondered the same about you. This is meant to be a serious question, but what is the benefit, either for you personally or for the group, for you to be on here and 99% of your post content to be on this or the kartoon corner thread? I understand to a certain degree that this thread is a place for other people that use this site PRIMARILY as a motorcycle resource to discuss politics, but for you it seems as though these political threads are largely the only reason you post. It is perplexing.

Hurco550 said:
Often wondered the same about you. This is meant to be a serious question, but what is the benefit, either for you personally or for the group, for you to be on here and 99% of your post content to be on this or the kartoon corner thread? I understand to a certain degree that this thread is a place for other people that use this site PRIMARILY as a motorcycle resource to discuss politics, but for you it seems as though these political threads are largely the only reason you post. It is perplexing.

Happy to answer.

I've been here for a number of years, and admittedly posted much more about bikes in the past. It seems to me overall traffic here has declined -- someone correct me if I am wrong -- so perhaps there is less for me to engage with (although the two threads you cite aren't the only two I interact with). I moved, and reduced the number of bikes I own and work on to two. I post more on SOHC4 and Honda twins because I'm moved away from interest in cafe bikes (although I am still interested in cafe bikes) and more towards stock machines. I come here and lurk build threads and others, but don't do a lot of responding. I for one am also amazed at the shit show that American politics has become. It was interesting to hear Trump supporters' rationales, although they have mostly stopped posting. I also work on a computer most of the day, so like many other people here I check in every once in a while to kill time and see if there is anything interesting.

If it bothers you so much, perhaps you should ignore this thread -- after all, it has been about politics from the start. It has attracted the occasional sociopath/misanthrope in the past, and I'm usually happy to call that shit out which for some reason irks some people. I'm flattered that you spend time thinking about me and what I post, but unless I'm breaking rules I am not sure why you are so bothered. I like bikes. I like talking about politics. Isn't that enough?

On second thought, maybe don't answer the question. Let's keep the thread on topic.

I don't believe there are any rules about which subs you can primarily post on.

The build threads have been pretty slow lately. There's some good stuff happening, but it's not like the old days where there were 15 or 20 builds worth watching at any given time. And the site has never had a strong base of hard technical discussion with exception of a handful of posters anyways, so posts are a quick read. I generally come in and look for a few build thread updates then stop in here.

Happy to answer.

I've been here for a number of years, and admittedly posted much more about bikes in the past. It seems to me overall traffic here has declined -- someone correct me if I am wrong -- so perhaps there is less for me to engage with (although the two threads you cite aren't the only two I interact with). I moved, and reduced the number of bikes I own and work on to two. I post more on SOHC4 and Honda twins because I'm moved away from interest in cafe bikes (although I am still interested in cafe bikes) and more towards stock machines. I come here and lurk build threads and others, but don't do a lot of responding. I for one am also amazed at the shit show that American politics has become. It was interesting to hear Trump supporters' rationales, although they have mostly stopped posting. I also work on a computer most of the day, so like many other people here I check in every once in a while to kill time and see if there is anything interesting.

If it bothers you so much, perhaps you should ignore this thread -- after all, it has been about politics from the start. It has attracted the occasional sociopath/misanthrope in the past, and I'm usually happy to call that shit out which for some reason irks some people. I'm flattered that you spend time thinking about me and what I post, but unless I'm breaking rules I am not sure why you are so bothered. I like bikes. I like talking about politics. Isn't that enough?

First off thanks for the answer. Second off you read most of what said in the wrong context. I never used the term bothered. I used the terms "wondered" and "perplexed". Those don't mean the same as bothered. Its not hard to notice when a once active and contributing member (you) goes from posting content relative to the forum itself to posting mostly in a non relative (to the forum) set of threads. Once its noticed, its even less hard to click on the posters profile (yours) and notice that page after page of posts are largely on two threads and there is very little substance on forum related topics. Questions can be answered without having to be on the defensive man.

Sav0r said:
I don't believe there are any rules about which subs you can primarily post on.

In a similar reply to Mr. Chickens, I never said anything about rules. It was a question, one which he answered, though I am sure he is more than happy to have you backing him up. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Did you just cherry pick that sentence to make your response easy?

The truth is, with build posts low, decent technical posts few and far between, the political forum keeps me coming back. So while I understand that you are focused on motorcycles, I like to do both motorcycles and politics. I try to discuss both with as much intellectual honesty as I can muster and it's something I enjoy during my work days that involve ample screen time. So, let's all be happy.

Hurco550 said:
Questions can be answered without having to be on the defensive man.

Generally when someone says "Why are you even here?" there's an implication, don't you think? Why else would you take the time to write?

Sorry if I conflated "perplexed" with "bothered." Regardless, I appreciate the attention and it's nice to know someone's thinking about me.

Can we please return to the fact that the POTUS denied access to one of his speeches to navy personnel stationed on a ship named McCain, simply because of the name McCain? Nobody gives a shit about the insane pettiness of that action?

Generally when someone says "Why are you even here?" there's an implication, don't you think?

Who are you quoting? because "why are you even here?" are not the words I wrote.

Let's not fight over this, we all have opinions which may differ and all should be allowed, hate speech excepted. The "Mooch" is a political forum of posts that one should be able to agree or disagree with without slagging someone because of their beliefs, again hate speech related excepted.

Brian

Re: &quot;the Mooch&quot;

I know you are but what am I?

Look up "paraphrase."

PS. Last word.
I do envy your ability to always be right, even if its only in your own mind.

P.S. you don't get to call the last word on a public forum bub.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom