BEACHCOMBER NEEDS HELP

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
OK guys, I need some assistance with my KZ750 Cafe Racer. ;D

I need to get a quote to make the under frame fuel cell [ ali ]. It's simple and with the main shape bent to shape only involves top and front back welded in place. I KNOW it's not that simple in real life 8).

I can't get anyone to quote for such a simple job - well not that doesn't require taking out a second mortgage.

If anyone feels they can quote I'd be very grateful. Been let down twice by "mates" that owe me a fair few favours.

It's approx 20" long,10" wide at the top and 3 3/4" at the bottom and approx. 4 3/4" tall. Two AN weld bung fittings [ fuel ] which I have - plus breather and 2" dia fuel filler [ approx. 4" long ]. Dimensions will obviously be finalised. Doesn't have to be the neatest welding in the world as it will be hidden inside the belly fairing.

Note the CAD POC .... that's cardboard aided design ! ;)

Attachments

• belly pan tank 001.jpg
    belly pan tank 001.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 298
  • belly pan tank 002.jpg
    belly pan tank 002.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 603
Oh yes, and here's the actual position of the belly fairing - the front will be closed with an alloy mesh, the back will be fettled in with grp. Cell works out at 2.5 Imp gallons.

Attachments

• KZ work april 21st 003.jpg
    KZ work april 21st 003.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 293
  • KZ work april 21st 006.jpg
    KZ work april 21st 006.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 305
Big shout of thanx to RJA who has volunteered his services, that's despite being up to his ass in alligators with his current tank orders.

Be a while yet [ 8 weeks or so ], but I have only just ordered the filler neck tube and cap.

Thanx mate . ;)

dont know what your using to deliver the fuel to the carbs ,i do have an external inline 12v pump that would do the job ,or are they vaculm carbs but they could struggle pulling fuel uphill .....its here if you need it mate

beachcomber said:
How much do you want ?? I'm using Weber 40DCOE so normal fuel pump will do the job.

its free to you mate ,either send your address or you can collect ,i will dig it out the weekend ,i no i defo have one i brought in error when i was converting a fuel injection to gravity fed tank on a triumph hinkley project sometime back

found the pump out this morn ,tested it and parcelled it up ,i will send before end of week mate

finally posted that pump to you TJ you should receive in 3 days ,had a bit of a crisis mate lost the spunking keys to me van with your parcel locked inside anyway after a nightmare and new lock set im back up and running ,i think dementure is setting in lol

miffa said:
finally posted that pump to you TJ you should receive in 3 days ,had a bit of a crisis mate lost the spunking keys to me van with your parcel locked inside anyway after a nightmare and new lock set im back up and running ,i think dementure is setting in lol

No rush mate and thanx again .... dementure setting in ???? I'm way ahead of you !!!!!

BTW no luck in tracking down those H-D shox we trial fitted to the bike. Then AC realised when he sold the bike - he didn't take them off. ! Still looking around - just a case of seeing if there's any other "display" units that can go for cheap money for you.

Back
Top Bottom