XL125 not picking up properly on low revs

.:dutchmaxi:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG88XorOCeE
Im wondering why it picks up so bad on low revs. It sometimes happens without giving it a lot of gas aswell which annoys the shit out of me at traffic lights

Watch the way I'm putting the gas on and the way the bike reacts. The problem is it doesn't always only happen when I give it alot of gas.

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong, maybe in the way it's jetted or other stuff that might be wrong.]

Thanks,
Bart

That emgo pod is likely doing you no favors, but my 125 ran okay with one.
When you crack the throttle that fast these bikes don't have an accelerator pump so they will always bog a bit, but yours seems excessive.
Have you cleaned the carb? Jetting? Checked for air leaks?

They are, clearance should be good, they get oil but they Always kind of rattled
cam-shaft and rocker's are brand new as is the advance timing unit.

did you REALLY set the clearance correctly?sounds terrible, that shit ain't right
try again we are talking about .002" intake .003-.004" ex, right?
it can be tricky to get it , a bent feeler helps ;)

also put a new plug cap on the wire and a new sparkplug
float height check that
set timing with a strobe at full advance
etc..

Manual says clearance has to be at .05mm so i guess that's somewhere between .001" and .002"
The guy who adjusted them checked them a few times and pretty much made sure they were perfect
So they should be good. I could re-check but I don't think this should be it.

I know it kind of feels like I'm saying no to every solution you guys give me but I'm trying to get as many
possible answers as possible.

Things I want to try right now is checking the ignition with a strobelight (it should be timed right aswell) changing the sparkplug is something I'll do tomorrow aswell and may try the different coil I have laying around. But I guess ignition is up first

Back
Top Bottom