Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics ,video, )

Re: Out in a field Build ... The Sock Monkey

Yea there not to bad over the stock set ! They will be just a lil bit lower maybe 1/2 inch but i like where they are . When i make it to the bolt shop see what i can do and if i can find something thats right will look into have one made or off diff bike . Then need to space out from the frame about 1/2 inch and make linkage ! Not sure if ill polish or paint them thats up in the air as of now . Then only thing that will be left is the wheel spacing and brake set up . My buddy that was doing just dont have the time so found another guy to get it done !!!!!! Then tuning and will be SO SO CLOSE to DONE !!!!!! ( yea sure lol )

I really like the placement. They're a little lower and further forward than what I decided on, which is not a bad thing!

Well Im very happy to say wiring is ALL DONE !!! Brake lights all working and motor runs !!!! Down to just two things and but there most likely two of the bigger things left . One is finish up the brakes and wheel mounting ! Two is to get the rear-sets mounted !!! Third need to go over everything one last time ! Four need to tune it ........... ok yea few more then two but hey its close LOL ;) ;) ;)

Did some more work on the rear-sets last night and am going to mount it lil diff then i thought . After talking to BradJ about it he throw me a idea that would help out on keeping the same main bolt on the swingarm ( Thanks Brad ) ! I Made one up just to see if it will work like we talked about with what i had around the shop. Its a lil ugly but think i have the idea down and just need to redo them lil cleaner and lil longer . What was made was a mount that goes on the swingarm bolt like a thick washer and bends out to go very close to the frame but still able to place a nut behind it . Then will mount it at the bottom as a hard point . Think i will be going with a GP shifting set up 1 up 4 down which will be fun LOL !
rs4.jpg

RS1.png

rs5.jpg

Sweet solution! 8) It's cool to have another unique item on a very unique machine! 8)

Sometimes it really helps to have another set of eyes and someone else to bounce ideas around with. :) I know I've really benefited from my buddy Mark and his different perspective. :D He's not afraid to challenge my ideas and make me defend them. :D

Lookin' good!! ;D

Well still waiting on some parts to be made for the brakes and rearsets ! If i had the skill and the tools it would be done but i dont so have to wait i guess .
Did some horse tradeing with Von ( Mike ) on some taller rear shocks which worked out great keeps the stock look with about a 1 1/2 diff from the stock ones to the new ones . So thats done and can move on with other things . Had to trade out the mounting from the old shocks to the new ones which turned out NP with a lil love . Took about a hour to get it done but am very happy with the over all look . Will see how they work ( to stiff or to soft ) till i get it on the road so will see ......
shocksss.jpg

Ok due to the fact photobucket sucks and not letting me bring up pics we are unable to show pics of the new shocks on the bike !!!!

DreadRock said:
Ok due to the fact photobucket sucks and not letting me bring up pics we are unable to show pics of the new shocks on the bike !!!!

BOOO!!! ;)

Get em up while you can so I can drool a bit more at your ride....

Ok think i got it here are the pics......
shock_zps1b648d99-1.jpg

shocks_zps40bc14d0.jpg

Thanks guys !!!
The shocks are 13 1/2 from eye to eye i believe ! It picked the back up just enough with out going crazy. Think it leveled the bike just right and am really happy with the way it turned out . Talked to the buddy making my wheel and brake parts and think the spacers are all done . So now will be rebuilding the rear caliper then will be able to center the rear disk and get the mounting made up !!!

They were the correct choice

Newbie here. Great looking bike! I notice your rear brake is sitting on your pipe. What are you doing to modify this so it doesn't hit the pipe?

Back
Top Bottom