Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics ,video, )

Re: Out in a field Build ... The Sock Monkey

DreadRock said:
Did some riding this weekend with some of the Cleve guys . Still had some time to finish up the exhaust and make new mounts made up . Picked up a spare XS500c motor and stock headers from mike and matt which will be made into my 2into1 exhaust but for now going to run it like this.....
aaaddddd.jpg

aaasssaa.png

she's a real beaut nice work

Re: Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey

After talking to a memeber here about my rear brake stay bar i felt lil better . So over the weekend i Drilled some speed holes along it . Its SS so not the funist stuff to drill thru but started with a small bit then worked my way up ;D

bar_zps208356f8.jpg

bar1_zps83da5331.jpg

Bikes looking great! Top notch build.

Not too far off from riding it now. TOo bad there is still white stuff everywhere

Yea very very close mike just going thru everything lil at a time just to double check and make sure didnt miss anything . Next up will be routeing the brake lines and see what banjos i need and length of the lines !

Great stuff Scott. I love this bike. Can't wait to see it tearing up the streets!

+1 Very clean, looks to be a fun ride!

I passed out on a shop floor next to that bike

And if i can find that pic i would for sure post it but cant find it GRRRRR.......

Well messed with the carbs lil over the weekend and for some reason the petcocks seem stuck ! Turned them to on and just got lil drip of fuel and thats not good ! So think they will have to be pulled back off and looked at shouldnt be to big a deal as there new ! But have to get fuel to the carbs befor i can tune anything ::)

Would like to thank Axeugene27 on nominating the Monkey for BOTM ! I unfortunately had to decline under the fact its not done but close and hope when done will make it up there !!!

DreadRock said:
And if i can find that pic i would for sure post it but cant find it GRRRRR.......

Pleeeaaase find that pic ;D

I have one of Yinzer passed out in the shop, but not Brad.

Yea i have doc but cant find brad ill hunt for it hope i didnt lose it when my phone took a dump :'(

So was messing with the petcocks and i know the VMs are non vac and so are the petcocks. I had the turn down nipples on it and switched back to the stright ones. When i turn to on with out hooking the fuel line to the carb i get all the gas i want . Then i run the line to the carb i get nothing :'( Am i missing something ?

Ringo said:
Pleeeaaase find that pic ;D

For your viewing enjoyment ( sorry Brad )

BadBrad_zpsea37653a.jpg

Hah, I was hoping for face-down train wreck style. Looks almost comfortable.

DreadRock said:
After talking to a memeber here about my rear brake stay bar i felt lil better . So over the weekend i Drilled some speed holes along it . Its SS so not the funist stuff to drill thru but started with a small bit then worked my way up ;D

Throw some red paint in the speed holes!!

Ringo said:
Hah, I was hoping for face-down train wreck style. Looks almost comfortable.

Oh there was no comfort there... That pic was taken shortly after Brad decided to drunken arm wrestle my 275lb ex semi pro hockey player brother in law. To his credit, Brad won. He still can't use his arm 7 months later, but he deserves that for trying to hit me with a samurai sword. That was a good night. Haha...

That sounds like a great night.

Back
Top Bottom