Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics ,video, )

Re: Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey

Cool mike thanks for the info !

And it's off to London :-\ let's hope it come back soon !

Let's hope you don't have the same issue I had when I sent the watch-phone back... I was out my 350 bucks and my watch-phone..

Thanks for the ray of hope smoke LOL

Newtronic should treat you right, if not you can have Beachcomber pay them a visit. ;D

DreadRock said:
Thanks for the ray of hope smoke LOL
Hey, what kind of guy would I be if I just let everyone forget about all the doom and gloom? Lol

Smoke did you call anyone in London to mess with me because Ive Emailed Newtronics and just got a Email this morning :-[ They haven't got it yet and I sent it 5/29 !!! So im blameing you on the bad MoJo LOL (JK)
So they wanted the info as to when ,where , how I sent it , so first thing this morning did just that . On the way to work this morning just a lil pissed off about it I thought F this I should pull that motor out and fit the TT500 motor as its much simpler then the XS motor . I know that would be more work and just giving up to quick but I will be really pissed if my ignition plate shows back up with a Tan and some crazy letter from some Tropical island saying " Come back soon and it was a great party "

Awh, man, I didn't mean to jinx ya.... Hope everything turns out okay.
I do hear ya about getting frustrated with the original motor. I was talking smack about fitting a GS500e motor way back on the third page of my build...

If you have read most of the last page or two you know I'm waiting on my ignition to be fixed ! So I sent it A MONTH AGO and sent them a email and there saying it takes time but A F'in MONTH this isn't the Stone Age is it ????? And for all I know they still haven't got it !!!!!!! How long should I go befor I get pissed of and what should I do ? Any ideas ?????

Did it go surface? If so 30-45 days is normal cause they put it on a boat. USPS registered small packet air should only take 14-21 days normally.

Why would you buy electrical parts from england. i mean scott youve owned british cars you should know electrical system ant there strong suit

bradj said:
Why would you buy electrical parts from england. i mean scott youve owned british cars you should know electrical system ant there strong suit

True story !

Ah yes, Lucas, prince of darkness....

Been waiting on my ignition from newtronics for awhile now and after the last email with them was told when they get it they will let me know ! So been waiting for that email which never came :-[ BUT Monday I get a lil pink card from USPS saying they have a package for me and I need to sign for it . Thinking there other parts for my FJ was thinking DAM but good I guess. Well come to find out there was 2 packages there both from no other then Newtronics ;D ;D ;D
Sure enough there was my ignition with new senser eyes and the other package had my old ones . The letter with it said that the senser was bad and not working at all and that they replaced them both free of charge HELL YEA !!!!
So the great part about this is I got the ignition back and with help from guys like Kop , BradJ figured out the problem . Its the last thing I needed + some small things to get the Monkey off my back and onto the road . Best part is after today im off work for a week again HELL YEA to button up the 500 and see what happens . I hope with fingers crossed by this Sat I can say ITS DONE !!!!

WoooHooo! Nice Scott, I really need to get to mid-ohio to see and hear that bike fire up and ride.

I second the gentleman above me

That's some great news, Dread. Keep the updates coming!

Back
Top Bottom