Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics ,video, )

Re: Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey

Yea very disappointed with it ran good when I first put it in but nothing but problems after that ! Guess it was a learning lesson but should have know it was to easy of a set up and after everything I did on the bike that was work shouldn't have thought it would be plug and play !

Thanks to all for your help and votes couldn't of done it with out you guys ;D

Tonight I need to pull all the newtronics junk out and feed it to the box of shame and clean the wiring back up !

Alright the new POINTS are back in and all wired up had to find a good place to mount condensers which ended up neat will post pic later . Got all the wiring wrapped back up ! Will say I have never set points so to the manual I go and really kind of easy . When I went to fire it back up keep back firing so pulled the ignition cam and moved it 180 and the monkey fired up and running well ! I think the timing is just off a little but close so as soon as the suns out again to the road I go !

Glad you got her running good at last! Even if it makes me dread dealing with my own Newtronics nightmare...

Yea smoke I'm really trying to move past that mistake and I hope it works better for you then me ! Also got your stuff ready to go ;D

Sweet, man, hit me with the tally when you've got it!

Awesome news Scott! Can't wait to see this thing on the road!

Congrats on BOTM as well!

mothgils said:
Awesome news Scott! Can't wait to see this thing on the road!

Congrats on BOTM as well!

Thanks guys !

And speaking of the road got to put about 15miles on it today :) :) :) Want to do a few things like change oil , go over some bolts and nuts !! Seems the rear sprocket which is the stock one for a RD400 wheel I'm thinking is a bit small and maybe need to got up a few . It seems to want to bog some up top but will go over carbs tommrow then take it
back out for few more runs befor plug chops start !

Right on, glad to hear it's getting there. You'll be earning speeding tickets, I mean, trophies in no time at all.

Re: Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics and video )

Bike is running GREAT and would like to thank a lot of good people for there help :)

NEXT..................

MMM video not right need to figure that out :(

This is a beautiful bike Dread, good to see you have it running right.

Shit, my dishes aren't that clean. Nice work man.

Congrats man!

I can attest that this bike is as clean as it looks in person. Heck, I don't know how that shop stays so clean......

Super clean dude! Love it!

Dread, the bike looks amazing (and great in person too!) and sounds awesome. I'm glad you got yours running, and congrats on BOTM! No if only I could get mine going... :-\

Edit: the video won't load properly from photobucket and crashes Chrome...use youtube!

Thanks guys and gals ! Yea I'm not good with computers lol Talked to Dustin and he's going to help out on the video so when he get time they will get posted !

Ben keep at it man you'll get it I'm sure !

sweeet.

Back
Top Bottom