Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics ,video, )

Re: Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics and video )

Beautiful Bike, glad to see you got her sorted out.

Gary

Looks great Scott, hope to see it at MvR this week! If not, need to get some group rides in again over the next few months. Was down blasting through the Pennisula area yesterday with a couple guys- great roads. Put a little over 100 mi. on the 650!

Matt

Sense im I dumb ass with a computer I cant seem to get the video up . So sent them to Dustin to help me out as soon as he has time hope he will get them up !
Theres a few small things I just cant let go on the bike nothing big mind you just me being me LOL Need to make a small chain bloke for the front of the swingarm so the chain don't rub there. And have a drip out of one of the petcocks all of which will be fixed over the next few days . But Over all I LOVE THIS F'ing BIKE !!!!!!!!!!!

DreadRock said:
I LOVE THIS F'ing BIKE !!!!!!!!!!!
This is what it's all about to me. I'm so excited for you, Scott!!

Ya Scott! ;D There 's almost nothin' like getting a Project DONE and on the road!! ;D Especially when it's exactly the way you dreamed it would be! :D

Congrats man! You've worked very hard to get here. 8)

Damn your bike is nice!

Here's the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2a5B6CO6OA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNuUvWJ1uzg

Thank you very much Dustin for helping out a computer dumb ass !

happen to know what the air correction jet is ?
just a hunch

~kop

I'm guessing and just guessing but the lil air screw inside the carb looking at it from the filter side ?

Was talking to Dean over at the TX/XS forum and he gave a few things to think about and the biggest is get the covers off the filters which is the plan ! I have more pilots heading my way running 30 now and thinking need to go up one or so . But I needed a base to start with on the bike after the ignition problem . So now that its running from top to bottom tuning the carbs to be right is the number one goal !

kopcicle said:
happen to know what the air correction jet is ?
just a hunch

~kop

I think it's 2.5. We had the in and out a couple times at Mid Ohio (which obviously didn't cure a heat soaked coil).

DreadRock said:
Was talking to Dean over at the TX/XS forum and he gave a few things to think about ...........

Be very patient, go step by step, take zero short cuts, and invest in the time, the jets, the plugs etc to do it right ....and you will thank yourself ;)

Pulled covers off filters and mounted the air dam on top of the valve cover . With doing nothing other then that just wanted to see and started back up . Ran ok didn't take it out mind you just a beach start . Will work on it more this weekend but need to read and get pilots first !

Did some work on the carbs with following (petes ?) guild . Timing is on and have a new box of plugs I picked up at Mid-ohio . Gaps on plugs are right so did a few test runs and seemed very close . Found out my kill switch wasn't working as it should after pulling the Newtronics out so need to mess with that to get a good true plug chop. Did take it out for a loop around town and all was good till ( cough ) ran out of gas about mile from the house . Call the wife and after she stoped laughing said she would be right there LOL Now I like to try and use local bike shops for stuff but trying to find jets is like trying to find gold it seems . So called CPW and there on the way .....

Sexy but out of gas Sexy !!!

Think of all the weight savings of having an empty tank of gas! True "cafe racer" spirit, I say......

Bike's looking great Scotty. Looking for jets, huh? If only you had a friend 2 hours away with trays of spares...... :)

Nice work Scott. You'll have dialed in no time.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

More jets should be here tommrow but trying to work out a bug in the kill button now . It worked fine when the Newtronics turd was in and after the points went in had one wire to nothing . My kill/starter button is in one unit and has 4 wires coming out . Starter button works fine but no kill button now . One wire is to stater , two are to coils I believe and 4th just there any ideas ? I tried and thought it might be a ground but when grounded it to battery popped the fuse :eek:

Sick bike man...really like the styling.

Back
Top Bottom