rd125 build up, mini twostroke smoke

IMAG0467.jpg

got the new upper tree in, it is supposedly from an rd200 but i have never seen an rd200 with adjustable upper trees.. i just had to make some shims for the upper tubes and it bolted right up..
IMAG0468.jpg

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG0471.jpg

IMAG0470.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0486.jpg

decided to build the brake pedal out of 4130 instead of trying to source on out that would work..also got the excel aluminum rims in

thanks!, i have a stainless front fender that i found and i am going to cut the original fork brace out of the fender and add some more strength to it..

cleaned the r5 front hub and have it ready to lace as soon as the spokes come in, i love that it is just as big as the motor on this thing..also finished and painted the rearsets and linkage, also finished the front fairing stay

IMAG0503.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

IMAG0501.jpg

yep, i have a ta125 fairing coming from airtech and a gustaferson windscreen on the way..
still about4 weeks out till the fairing is done though

i finally got the motor back in and eveything seems to be going pretty well except for the rear wheel, i need to find some different nipples to use with it
IMAG0588.jpg

IMAG0589.jpg

IMAG0591.jpg

IMAG0593.jpg

Are you going for a particular TA look with the body work or a generic racer?

http://classic-motorbikes.net/gallery~Yamaha-TA125

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/-eu/sets/72157624817843432/

the front fairing will be the same as the TA125 as well as suspension and brake set-up(r5 front hub), the tank is just as long but a little different, and the seat is more similar to the ones used on the honda cr110, i am going for something close but didn't want to do a full on replica of a TA. i am going to incorporate a headlight a tail light on this thing as well because i would like to make my neighbors more mad at me than they all ready are with what i currently start up in the morning to go to work.

Neighbours suck.
I racerized an RD200 back in the day, but it pales in comparison to the detail and quality of your work. Wish I a had photo but that was before cameras were invented ;)

Back
Top Bottom